Century batteries - any good?

SuperSteve

So I'm looking to put a second battery under the bonnet of the Prado. All the gear was in place when we bought it, just not the battery.

I was looking at Century batteries.
The Overlander 4x4 or the N70t.

I searched reviews and Century seem to get fairly poor reviews.
But I'm also aware that people often don't bother posting reviews unless something goes wrong, so it may not be completely accurate.

Does anyone have any major complaints with them?

Triton14

It's been done many times & the info is in here if you do a search!

It's through looking at multiple threads on here & other research I went with Optima.

Lost1?

My experience is they make a good battery. But there are better around. If we are talking AGM OPTIMA, Full River and Odyssey are pricey, but well performed. Though some on here have complained about OPTIMA performance recently.

TYNO87

I had a good run with century batteries despite a bunch of people telling me they were no good. Withstood a lot of rough roads and heavy winching well past where they should have been discharged to. These days I use supercharge batteries the local tyre and battery bloke stocks with no complaints.

RBJET

I ran the Century 4x4 battery under the bonnet of my Prado for a few years without an issue.
Had the normal N70 for the crank and the 4x4 as the secondary.

SuperSteve

Thanks for the replies!

I did some searches but every mention was a few years old.

I'm tempted by the century stuff right now because a lot of it is on sale, so some good prices.

Aiming for under bonnet agm, and have heard good things about Optima for years, but the price is a bit off putting

Toyasaurus

I had 2x Optima`s in my Rangie for 18yrs, as far as I know they are still there.
I also have one in the LC, yes they are expensive but last a long time.

cam04

Thanks for the replies!

I did some searches but every mention was a few years old.

I'm tempted by the century stuff right now because a lot of it is on sale, so some good prices.

Aiming for under bonnet agm, and have heard good things about Optima for years, but the price is a bit off putting
There is no such thing as a cheap battery mate, the more expensive ones last longer and are always cheapest in the long run. Another vote for Optima here. I don't need to buy them often.

MrMiller

I’ve got two century’s under the bonnet of my Prado right now. The n70t for the aux and I’m not sure the model for the start. Have had no dramas yet. Got them on sale as well.

Albynsw

I have done alright with SSB Super Start Batteries. Price is mid point. Run with one a local shop sell so you have easy access to warranty.
No good if you have to shop battery back yourself with a warranty claim

red hilux

I have done alright with SSB Super Start Batteries. Price is mid point. Run with one a local shop sell so you have easy access to warranty.
No good if you have to shop battery back yourself with a warranty claim
Im currently on my second SSB in 4 years, second battery is shot, Ive now bought a Century deep cycle, see how this goes