Carnage in the Kimberly

silkwood

Too expensive for the type of recovery needed due to the location.
Tink
I think it's about time we were all held responsible for this type of action. Take it in- take it out should apply to vehicles as well. You can't afford to recover it, can you afford to take it there?

Cheers,

Mark

typhoeus

One day, someone will take a truck and mobile crusher up there and come back with a couple of hundred tones of scrap metal and make some money out of it.

callmejoe

You'll probably find that most or a very high percentage of these "abandoned" vehicle's are either.
1. From the "locals" (most)
2. Stolen so the "locals" can get home so no care taken.
3. A very small amount of backpackers.

But hey thats just my take....

And there was a fella doing the rounds collecting the scrap. Went around with a road train. Crusher, front loader and flat tops..

dno67

Job for, Russell McDonough
http://www.asmr.com.au/alice-springs-metal-recyclers
Travels far and wide for scrap.
A lot of those wrecks get raped and pillaged for parts, leaving not
much more than a shell. Road crews will push them off to the side
of the road when they come threw.
web_alice-springs-metal-recyclers_2e783eeb62.jpg

Last edited:

Zamunda

Job for, Russell McDonough
Travels far and wide for scrap.
A lot of those wrecks get raped and pillaged for parts, leaving not
much more than a shell. Road crews will push them off to the side
of the road when they come threw.

Remember seeing him in OUTBACK TRUCKERS. Loved that show.

Bomber2012

Spent some time in Lightning Ridge in my 20's , wasn't a very nice place back then full of pisswrecks , ex cons , blokes on the run and your average scumbag.

dno67

Spent some time in Lightning Ridge in my 20's , wasn't a very nice place back then full of pisswrecks , ex cons , blokes on the run and your average scumbag.
I wouldn't imagine things changing too much, places like that attract a lot
of opportunist's. Not all good either.
Did you have a crack ?

Buxter

Some just break down only to be left, either in disgust, or to get help, and when the owners or the rental people get back, the "Brothers" have been trashing them. The graders then come along and push them off the roads.

No doubt there are genuine accidents, but the majour cause is speed and high tyre pressures.

Buxter

A newbie to Aus question - do these wrecks ever get cleared up? In years to come won't they become an eye sore if left as is?
Just gotta go out there and see it for yourself.
The more cars you see usually tells you that tyou are near a community
I think it's about time we were all held responsible for this type of action. Take it in- take it out should apply to vehicles as well. You can't afford to recover it, can you afford to take it there?

Cheers,

Mark
They never remove broken up vehicles in the Outback Mate.
Just push them aside, or drag them over behind the nearest bit of scrub or sand dune

callmejoe

Yeah, this time of year there bloody bad..
Observation to the lights on those buses are piss poor, stupid for them to be operating at night.

Bomber2012

A bit of mocca sprayed down the side of the bus but what would have smashed the side windows ? Impact I guess ?

dno67

A bit of mocca sprayed down the side of the bus but what would have smashed the side windows ? Impact I guess ?
It's possibull (pun) buts also possibull that part of the animals may have swung around
on impact. That mocca spray may have been food regurgitated due it impact, sometime there food doesn't look that different after processing and coming out the other end.

callmejoe

I'm more thinking he has hit at speed and the moo moo was small. Hasnt hit it completely full on the body. The moo has been lifted up then rolled down the side.

You hit a bull or even a full size cow i beat it would have landed on his lap.. They don't bounce..