Car Code reader suggestions

Another one I'm trying to sort out for my truck. Leaning towards Ultragauge but also like the idea of an mx wifi dongle for torque or forscan on my iphone, apparently bluetooth doesn't work on the iphone? Feedback welcome, as long as you don't point and laugh too much. My first ventures into using telephonic devices to work on the automobile. Pretty interesting stuff. My old school mechanics wonders if a cluster of quality gauges might be better, giving coolant temp, oil pressure and oil temp? Also want trans temp but am I missing other vital info for diesels?
Cheers
G.
The ultra gauge displays all that, as long as the ECU has access to the data. I used to have 4 independent gauges on my Land Cruiser spread all over the cab which drove me nuts. Now, I have one that does all 4, plus way more and you can set alarms for it to let you know when the readings go above a certain setpoint.

It's so much nicer not to have to look around at multiple gauges, and realistically you don't even have to look at it if you have the alarms set up

This is exactly how I run mine:

Aaron

Attachments

MrPoopypants

The ultra gauge displays all that, as long as the ECU has access to the data. I used to have 4 independent gauges on my Land Cruiser spread all over the cab which drove me nuts. Now, I have one that does all 4, plus way more and you can set alarms for it to let you know when the readings go above a certain setpoint.

It's so much nicer not to have to look around at multiple gauges, and realistically you don't even have to look at it if you have the alarms set up

This is exactly how I run mine:

Aaron
Hi Aaron

The Ranger doesn't have sender units for oil pressure or temp, that's why I wonder if I should stick a cluster of old school gauges on the drivers pillar. I think it actually does have a sensor for the coolant temp, which will show up on the ultragauge. A wireless obd2 sender unit to a phone app is appealing but I'd probably forget to connect it when most needed, so I reckon an Ultragauge or hard gauges make sense. I can't understand manufacturers not having them in every vehicle, it really wouldn't add much cost.
Cheers
PP