Car Awning suggestions

Frug

Hi there everyone.

I need to get an awning to mount on the side of my Forester and was wondering what brand people use and what experience people have with them. What's good? What's bad? What's easy to mount? What's the best quality? Who's had problems with them? Who's had great experiences with them?

Any info would be rad!!

Cheers
D

Lays4B

I have an ironman awning 2m(w) x 2.5m(l), which I can't fault. I've had it for 4 years and usually set it up when fishing on the beach and camping.

It took about 1/2hr to install. It takes 1 person about 2min to setup and if it's really windy it's much easier with 2 people. I've had it setup in some seriously windy situations and is fine as long as you rope it down with suitable pegs.

Can't remember how much I paid for it but I got it at 4x4 show for a good price < $180.

You can get the mosquito net and room attachments for them, like most others.

You won't be disappointed with the quality of the ironman awning but I'd think others would be of similar quality. Shop around for a good price.

The photo was on the beach in +30 knot winds, way too windy to surf fish but not too windy to enjoy shade on the beach :)

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 100

Lays4B

I may be wrong with that price. Just had a look around and they're going for $295. I'm sure you could get it cheaper than that though.

While on the topic, has anyone used the mosquito net attachments and are they any good?

Cheers

mac_man_luke

Tigerz11 is pretty much identical to the ironman and is often under $200 but dont be surprised if it needs modification overtime.

ross and cher

Have an arb one, been good for 3 years, though from what I have seen, they are all much the same, so shop around. (have an Ottoman bar and winch and can't fault either)