Cania Gorge

Slider80

Does anyone know of any good tracks around the Cania gorge area. I'm going to do the Kroombit tops drive, but I've heard there may be other tracks out there.

Cheers

Rolla

Does anyone know of any good tracks around the Cania gorge area. I'm going to do the Kroombit tops drive, but I've heard there may be other tracks out there.

Cheers

Hi Slider80
packing the family into the new Triton for a day trip from Rocky to Kroombit Tops on Sunday 25th. Heard that the track up to the bomber might be closed though . I spoke to national parks in Gladstone yesterday and he told me to make sure I take my chainsaw as he expects there would be a few trees across the tracks since the storms in Feb/March. Surprised by that - a ranger telling me I can use my saw in a national park ! Have only just started looking at places for trips in this area so don't know much about Cania Gorge.
Looking forward to the drive out to Calliope - driven through from Kalpower to Gladstone a few years ago and it is a scenic road - I've wanted to take the family out there for a while now.
Anyway have fun - if you're up there this weekend look out for a shiny new red Triton dual cab and a chainsaw, that'll be me !

Rolla

Slider80

Track was excellent to Kroombit tops and the bomber site. Pretty rough but thoroughly enjoyable. Found an pretty easy scenic track between Gayndah and Monto, Nice way to Monto if time allows. Rolla, no need for the chainsaw, as I guess you've found out.

Rolla

Track was excellent to Kroombit tops and the bomber site. Pretty rough but thoroughly enjoyable. Found an pretty easy scenic track between Gayndah and Monto, Nice way to Monto if time allows. Rolla, no need for the chainsaw, as I guess you've found out.

First time up there yesterday - loved it ! Everything was green from the recent rain. Plenty of fat happy cows in the paddocks on the way in from Cania Gorge. Picturesque creek crossings. Nothing too challenging in the 4WD stakes, although we got to the bomber a little late in the day and didn't have time to do the one-way section of the loop. It was dark by the time we got back out of the track to the bomber so the trip down the mountain out to Calliope was pretty slow. Pity we missed the views on the way down, but we'll be back up there to go camping another weekend.

Anyone doing the trip - give yourself plenty of time as there is a fair bit of slow stuff with the ruts and whoa-boys.

Anyway it was a good trip to christen the new Triton with and we will be back there again one day.

goldrush

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip mate. Have been thinking of doing that one for a while but will need to start very early in the day to make sure we see it all. Will give you a call when we have the next run so you and the family can come and meet the rest of the C.Q. Crew.

Rolla

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip mate. Have been thinking of doing that one for a while but will need to start very early in the day to make sure we see it all. Will give you a call when we have the next run so you and the family can come and meet the rest of the C.Q. Crew.

No worries Goldrush, look forward to it. The camping grounds on the main track looked good and I've heard that The Wall is a good spot to camp as well so we'll definitely be doing an overnighter on the next one. We really should have gotten away a couple of hours earlier than we did, but hindsight is 20-20 as they say ...

BlackSpaniard

HI
can you give some kind of directions for the Gayndah and Monto route please...
Probably getting that way next year and that sounds like a change