Canberra region trips sub forum

twisty

Although the number of Canberra chapter 4x4 earth members may be small I ask if a "Canberra Region" trips sub forum could be created? This would cater to an often overlooked group of 4x4 groupies. Those not in Brisbane or Melbourne :p

Our region is bejeweled from the Brindabellas to Bendethera, from Batesman Bay to Bega. Anything from day trips to week long tours. Give us a place on 4x4 Earth to communicate and arrange trips in this wonderful area.

Precedents follow:

Gippsland / Latrobe Valley - 4x4 Earth (you're kiddin, right?)
South East Queensland - 4x4 Earth (yeah, brisvagas, who cares?)

ps. A website search in the 4wd trips category shows "Tasmania" has 15 threads while "Canberra" has 30! The region has about 80 tracks logged on 4x4earth, the same as the sydney area (Tasmania, 13). We're AT LEAST twice as popular as Tasmania, and require our own sub forum!

To All region members VOTE NOW! Simply +1 will do!

Last edited:

Rocker

Although the number of Canberra chapter 4x4 earth members may be small I ask if a "Canberra Region" trips sub forum could be created? This would cater to an often overlooked group of 4x4 groupies. Those not in Brisbane or Melbourne :p

Our region is bejeweled from the Brindabellas to Bendethera, from Batesman Bay to Bega. Give us a place on 4x4 Earth to communicate and arrange trips in this wonderful area.

Precedents follow:

ps. A website search in the 4wd trips category shows "Tasmania" has 15 threads while "Canberra" has 30! We're twice as popular and require our own sub forum!

Like brisvegas, "who gives a #$%^?" but yeah.......................you've got a point.

Wish you every success.

Jeep_jk112

have to agree with you twisty, went to sus out the act section the other day to find out you guys have been left out:(

good luck with your sub forum goals in 2011/ 2012

twisty

Thanks everyone. More votes needed! If you you're interested enough to view this thread give it a "+1"

Walkabout

Our region is bejeweled from the Brindabellas to Bendethera, from Batesman Bay to Bega. Anything from day trips to week long tours. Give us a place on 4x4 Earth to communicate and arrange trips in this wonderful area.

Precedents follow:

ps. A website search in the 4wd trips category shows "Tasmania" has 15 threads while "Canberra" has 30! The region has about 80 tracks logged on 4x4earth, the same as the sydney area (Tasmania, 13). We're AT LEAST twice as popular as Tasmania, and require our own sub forum!

As most would agree Canberra is part of the ACT.
ACT has 10 tracks logged not 80 see Australian 4WD Track List - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks the other areas you mention like Batemans and Bendethra are within NSW and as such information and track listings will be found under the NSW headings.

Gipps/latrobe followed by SEQ were the two founding trip forums during the intital growth of 4x4earth due to the amount of members from these areas and the fact the site owner lives within one of them, since then other forums and subforums have been added when required as members from the other areas built up and we could justify adding new forums.

It's not unreasonable to ask for an ACT section in trips and for what it's worth I agree and think it should have been added during the last upgrades, although the forum to pose this request is here: Suggestions, Feedback & Help - 4x4 Earth
I will put your suggestion up for discussion and let you know the result.

twisty

Thanks for the reply Walkabout, and for raising the suggestion officially.

My big pitch. The name is almost of no consequence. It's the region. Yup ... Canberra (ACT) only has 10 tracks (almost as many as Tasmania) but has about 80 tracks in the area. From Bega to Batemans Bay, and Tumut to Thredbo, it's a popular area. Call it "S/E NSW" or "Canberra Region" trips, whatever.

I appologise for posting here but thought it appropriate to guage interest before asking officially.

Walkabout

No probs :cool:
I have put forward a motion for an ACT section, that way you can list stuff you want to do within the state IE: brindies or meet up's etc.
For trips outside of the ACT just list it by location in the NSW section and you are sure to get a mix of people from each state.
I am sure there will be no probs with having an ACT section though like most changes on here they do not happen over night ( but will happen) so for now just list everything in the NSW section and when the new section is live I will move it all over.
Maybe just use a title like: ACT- Flea creek camping weekend etc or ACT- Dizzy Canberrian sick of driving in circles wants to go wheeling :p:)

mrpatchman

ACT Region 4x4

Twisty,
Mate... Im in. Message me, as we have a trip planned for W/E 4-5 Feb. Moneky Gum/Mintbush and then onto Willowglen (TLCC Club land unfortunately, but interested in options if this is an issue).

twisty

Twisty,
Mate... Im in. Message me, as we have a trip planned for W/E 4-5 Feb. Moneky Gum/Mintbush and then onto Willowglen (TLCC Club land unfortunately, but interested in options if this is an issue).

G'day mrpatchman ... uh ... patch,

If you're looking for company start a new thread here with a title something like "ACT - Monkey Gum/Mintbush trip". Is that near Moss Vale? Maybe some Sydney members would be interested.

We'll have been camping in the Brindies the W/E before and the Minister requires me to spend SOME time at home. So best count me out.

Who is "TLCC"?

Walkabout

TLCC hmm would be The Ladies Crochet Club :p failing this probably Toymota Land Cruiser Club
Monkey gum etc is near Nowra NSW

mrpatchman

Tlcc...

Sorry guys, TLCC = Toyota Land Cruiser Club.... Wilowglen is the competition property down near Tarago. Monkey Gum and Mintbush Firetrails are listed in 4x4Earth as Difficult tracks and are near Nowra NSW.

Is this the same Twisty as on the NewHilux.net forum?

twisty

I learn something new every day ... thanks team. Toyotas huh ... well, I guess it must be gentle country around Willowglen ...

"Monkey Gum and Mintbush Firetrails are listed in 4x4Earth" ... :eek: thanks patch.

uummm ... no, not the same twisty, I have a patrol.

Last edited: