Can I turn off 'Hill Start Assist'?

Lewy_88

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows if Hill Start Assist can be turned off? I had some experiences on the weekend out bush where it engaged many times while I was trying to negotiate a very steep section of track. I needed some very delicate acceleration from a dead stop but with HSA didn't allow that at all.

Cheers

CaptainBanana

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows if Hill Start Assist can be turned off? I had some experiences on the weekend out bush where it engaged many times while I was trying to negotiate a very steep section of track. I needed some very delicate acceleration from a dead stop but with HSA didn't allow that at all.

Cheers
If you let go of the brake it disables itself after a couple of seconds in most cars.

Lewy_88

If you let go of the brake it disables itself after a couple of seconds in most cars.
Yeah ok. I'll test that out.

I found if I put my foot on the brake and then slightly press the accelerator it would turn off after a few seconds. Then it was a matter of slowly releasing the brake to get smooth acceleration.

CaptainBanana

They generally stay on for about 2 seconds so if you let go of brake it will disable and rollback much like it would on cars without it. It's pretty easy to time and then you should be right.