Can i download tracks to my Tom Tom? How?

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Spiceweazel

I think there is a thread on ttmaps on the forum. I have an older tom tom and use it on the tracks in conjuction with my paper maps. Below is the search results for you to do some more research

4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

It doesn't have the track names on their maps but has most of the tracks. Being a destination based system can't program destination unless using the coordinates. I found that this sytem isn't too bad got within 15 metres of the entrance to a camp ground which isn't too bad.

BUT QUITE SIMPLY DON'T TRUST THESE THINGS IN ISOLATION IN THE BUSH

cameron

Hi Guys

does anyone know if i can download tracks to my Tom Tom and if so how the best way to do this?

thanks

May I suggest that you get in touch with Bill Bray (Billolga on this site) when he returns from his latest trip. He was in Kalgoorlie a few days ago. Bill has a Tom Tom and seems to have a very good understanding of its capabilities

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Guys

does anyone know if i can download tracks to my Tom Tom and if so how the best way to do this?

thanks

Yes you can but you will need to load TTMaps and install ECW maps. Some models of TomTom are not supported on TTMaps without loosing TomTom navigator. I have emailed TomTom and asked for native offroad mapping. Recommend to email support and ask the same question.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I use TTMaps on my TomTom One XL from a SD card which boots up into the program. This allows me not to damage the navigator s/w

ttMaps

russell1974

I use TTMaps on my TomTom One XL from a SD card which boots up into the program. This allows me not to damage the navigator s/w

ttMaps

The guy that runs the above mentioned site has a way to convert maps to tom tom I will try and remember the site they are on his mate has them posted and they are of 90% tracks in australia if you can find a way to contact him he may be able to give it easier than my memory I think his name is jean-claude

STIXS9

TomTom

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to get some 4WD maps for my TomTom for tracks up in Newman area. I have read quite a few links and threads not much seems to work. However I don't have a SD card with my tomtom. Can I still get these maps and the device doesn't seem to come up as a device on the computer but still manages to update via internet??

My missus has a Garmin GPS so will try to download tracks for it GPX files?? Where are the files that would be best to download for it?

Can you please help that would be great :)

Adam

cloughcarib

Unfortunately, I can't help. I use Androzic on my gear and it works beautifully with the maps I have.

I hope you find a solution.

I do know that there are many answers to your question and the person who will answer you most honestly will PM the details through to you as well as post.

Enjoy your travels.

cloughcarib

/\/\/\/\/\
Hi all,

I am desperately trying to get some 4WD maps for my TomTom for tracks up in Newman area. I have read quite a few links and threads not much seems to work. However I don't have a SD card with my tomtom. Can I still get these maps and the device doesn't seem to come up as a device on the computer but still manages to update via internet??

My missus has a Garmin GPS so will try to download tracks for it GPX files?? Where are the files that would be best to download for it?

Can you please help that would be great :)

Adam

billolga

The old TomTom's could have TTMaps installed as in the previous posts but the new ones won't let you.
Tablets with GPS are the way to go these days.