Change background image

Campsites Murray River SA

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by Nrvna, May 2, 2018.

1. Nrvna

Nrvna New Member

G'day all

Been itching to go away! June long weekend is only time I have free off work so me and the missus are heading off. We're looking at going up to the Woolshed Brewery up in Murtho but have no idea where we should camp.

Any ideas anyone?! Looking at staying near the Brewery on the first night then adventure our way up the river until we decide to head back home so any sites near the brewery and further up the river will be greatly appreciated!

Also how hard is it to find sites up that way? Haven't been up there for quite some time so wanna know if we can just keep driving til were done and find a secluded campsite or if we'll struggle to find somewhere.

Cheers!

CruiserAd and barcher like this.
  2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Nice area around there.

Near the brewery there is the border cliffs campsite which is not bad, just a few kms back towards Paringa
    or further up the road at customs house but from memory they were more fenced in type spots in a gravel carpark.

Further east along the river there is heaps of options in the Lindsay island area, all bush camping and mostly unmarked on maps so you just need to explore.

LCV8VICTORIA and 80lover96gxl like this.
  3. barcher

barcher Well-Known Member

Always interested where good breweries are. If this one lives up to there website might have to plan a trip out that way.

4. Nrvna

Nrvna New Member

Cheers mate, I'll definitely check out those sites!

Hahaha too easy mate. Looks good on paper, I'll let you know how the beer tastes ;)

Mr Rum and barcher like this.
  5. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Yes it does, spent a arvo there in 2015 on one of our trips, it was a fun day but would have been even better if I didn't have to drive.
    They have some great flavours...

CruiserAd and barcher like this.
  6. CruiserAd

CruiserAd Active Member

Hmmm im heading up to Morgan in a week for camping, might have to venture further and check out the brewery.