camping with kids near brisbane

bundydisco

Hi just after a good place to camp within a few hrs of brisbane, taking 2 kids 14 and 13 so we can head a bit off track a bit. also needs to be somewhere where the kids can sit back and catch a fish or 2. thought about lake monduran any thoughts.
THANKS

logitech

Bribie island or inskip would be my say. I was at bribie today and it was very very nice. Was not as packed as i expected it would be.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi just after a good place to camp within a few hrs of brisbane, taking 2 kids 14 and 13 so we can head a bit off track a bit. also needs to be somewhere where the kids can sit back and catch a fish or 2. thought about lake monduran any thoughts.
THANKS

The SEQ Crew spent our Christmas get together the other weekend at Amamoor in the Cedar Groves campground. It was great. There is a beaut swimming hole right beside the campground to get away from the heat, you've got all ofthe cottage markets around to visit and some four wheel driving on the doorstep. Check out this thread http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/so...r-cedar-groves-4wdriving-camping-weekend.html

rodw

Any number of camp grounds around Beaudesert and Rathdowney. Moreton sland, Fraser Island

bundydisco

Thanks guys. did a run up cooloola on friday and cleaned up on the whiting so i think i will take them there for a few days, hopefully that will keep them happy as well as fed with a fresh feed of whiting