Camping suggestions south of Uluru North of Port Augusta

smitty_r51

So given all the rains and track closures along the Oodnadatta track we need some options.

Happy to bush camp but it has to be accessible with all this water around.

Anyone got any suggestions as we don't want to be pulling a 15 hour drive to get past port Augusta

Cheers
Smitty

LurchWA

So given all the rains and track closures along the Oodnadatta track we need some options.

Happy to bush camp but it has to be accessible with all this water around.

Anyone got any suggestions as we don't want to be pulling a 15 hour drive to get past port Augusta

Cheers
Smitty
Wikicamps is the go if you dot have it mate

mikehzz

There's a few nice roadside rest areas between Port Augusta and Coober Pedy. They're large and have shelters you can park under if it's raining, plus they're far enough off the highway so the traffic isn't annoying. One has a great view out to some ranges to the west, and another is not far from the edge of a decent sized salt lake. I can't remember their names or exactly where they are.

Albynsw

In those sort of situations I just follow my nose until an hour before I feel like a break from driving and resort to WikiCamps for a suitable campsite for the night

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Try Agnes Creek just North of Marla, it has the Grey Nomad area at the front but I went behind all of them on a dirt track and found a nice area

smitty_r51

We ended up at Cadney Park

Storm hit and tried to wreck the awning and roof top tent.
Then the mossies came in plaque proportions, then at 5:30am the freight train came through.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.