Camping spots along Murray / Echuca etc - First camp in VIC

denk

Gday guys. Thinking Ill head out for my first camp since moving down from QLD. I'm thinking somewhere along the Murray River would be great with the dog. Prefer more secluded area, no faciliites required and have well equipped Patrol. Any guidance / tips would be great.

mikehzz

Mate, I've been researching that myself on Wikicamps and there are literally hundreds to choose from. If I'm doing Sydney to Melbourne and need to overnight, I stay at Richardsons Bend west of Wodonga. If they're similar then you can't go wrong because it's a nice spot and free.

denk

Mate, I've been researching that myself on Wikicamps and there are literally hundreds to choose from. If I'm doing Sydney to Melbourne and need to overnight, I stay at Richardsons Bend west of Wodonga. If they're similar then you can't go wrong because it's a nice spot and free.
Great! Im thinking of picking up a few SV Maps "Murray River Access Map" guides tomorrow and plotting something out.

mikehzz

Do you have the Wikicamps app? It's magic for finding campsites, location, fees, services, reviews....