Camping site database

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Similar to the tracks on 4x4earth is it possible to start a seperate camping site data base with basic information for each site including any costs, pet restrictions, facilities, scenic outlook, a picture of the site etc.

the data base could be searched in terms of longitude and latitude and bring up say the closest 10 results, similar to a geocaching format ie being able to download a .loc file for your gps.

anyways just a thought...

BUSHNUT

Made that suggestion sometime back but it hasn't been done yet . Another voice might help it happen . Yell louder !

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm right with you there Daz, BUT, I won't be giving up my secret ones :D
There is no reason why a Thread can't be started now though. Any tracks I post i try and include a camping area along the way anyway. Look in the comming weeks. I should have one up for the Old Mill Camp after this weekend with a few tracks to play on too.

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm right with you there Daz, BUT, I won't be giving up my secret ones :D
There is no reason why a Thread can't be started now though. Any tracks I post i try and include a camping area along the way anyway. Look in the comming weeks. I should have one up for the Old Mill Camp after this weekend with a few tracks to play on too.

Im sure there are few gems we'll all hang onto ;)

I just know travelling through a new area its nice to plan ahead an know of a few top spots to stop at... and who better to ask than the people from the area.

Ive use the Camps 4 book before and its great, same type of details that the database could have. i spent 3 weeks traveling and camping in different spots and spent a total of $8 on fees, and im sure the places we camped were better than the signposted caravan parks!

Patriot

Administrator
Hey guys, just to let you know we have started putting together the campsite page! Hopefully not too far off.

Cheers,

James

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi James

In the camping database we have offroad camping or caravan park. Need another one for camping areas that are general camping that 4wd's and cars can access

Stampy

This is a good idea guys. We are in the process of doing a similar thing on my forum. If we have any good spots revealed that you don't have here I'll be sure to post them up for all to enjoy. ;)

spottydog

Sounds like an excellent idea.
Here's a thought, perhaps you could split it up into a state by state database?

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Another feature to add is Youtube videos and photos for photobucket or Picasa Web image links please. Like we have in the threads

4x4admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi James

In the camping database we have offroad camping or caravan park. Need another one for camping areas that are general camping that 4wd's and cars can access

There's already an option in there 'Can access without 4WD'. Perhaps we just need to change the name of 'Offroad Campsite' to imply that it could be 2wd or 4wd accessible?