Camping Fridge

Hi All,

I'm looking at a camping fridge to purchase and i'm on a slight budget.

Is there any reviews on the Dometic CFF45?

Also, recommendations on either the Engel Eclipse or the Dometic CFF45.

Engel - $799 currently
Dometic $599 currently

Any help would be appreciated.

I've had an Eclipse (Engel MR40F) for close to 10 years now. It's been excellent, no complaints at all. The compressor is the same as in the metal body Engel's; the only real difference is the body, and the plastic of the Eclipse has held up perfectly. It is noisy though, which isn't an issue for me as I'm not sleeping anywhere near it (probably only an issue in a camper).

I also have a Waeco CF80 in my work vehicle, and it's been great as well.

Much as some people like to turn this into a Ford/Holden type debate, it's pretty hard to go wrong with any modern big-name fridge (so Engel, Dometic, or National Luna).

RIGPIG

I've had the CFF 45 for about 1 year so far (first fridge). I've got nothing to compare it to but I think it's a great fridge for the price. It has 3 stage low voltage cut off. It fits plenty off food for myself and my missus, we've been away on several 6 night trips and it holds everything we need with out having to re stock, plenty deep enough to store a wine bottle up right! It's very quiet. The way the lid is hinged is also perfect for my needs. All in all for the $600 I paid from BCF I reckon its a great first fridge.

CaptainBanana

I've had an Eclipse (Engel MR40F) for close to 10 years now. It's been excellent, no complaints at all. The compressor is the same as in the metal body Engel's; the only real difference is the body, and the plastic of the Eclipse has held up perfectly. It is noisy though, which isn't an issue for me as I'm not sleeping anywhere near it (probably only an issue in a camper).

I also have a Waeco CF80 in my work vehicle, and it's been great as well.

Much as some people like to turn this into a Ford/Holden type debate, it's pretty hard to go wrong with any modern big-name fridge (so Engel, Dometic, or National Luna).
I've had this a model for 3 years now and it ran for 18 months straight as a freezer while I travelled the North in my caravan without fault.

I did read a few people saying it was noisy and I mean you do hear it cycle on but mine literally lives next to my bed in the caravan as it's only place I can put it and does not wake me up or keep me up but some people might be more sensitive I guess.

I've actually been thinking about selling it just to go bigger but I'm not sure if they worth anything used.