Camping at sheep yard 6-7-8th dec

PK Kitchens

Hey PPL.

We are planing a camping weekend on the weekend of the 6-7-8th of December.
It's mainly a camping weekend but there will be ample chance to go 4wding. The only real driving I plan on is a huts tour on one of the days ( prolly Saturday ) and that's about it really. If ppl want to go out Friday Saturday and Sunday they can. There are plenty of easy and hard options around. I will prolly have a few newbies along so I will be showing them the easy options.
There are some harder ways up to Craig's.

Kid friendly.
Pet friendly.
Wife friendly. ( toilets )

We are planning on using Sheep yard flats as the base camp. Plenty of room for as many ppl who wanna come along.

The basic idea is just to have a heap of ppl along that we can sit around a massive camp fire and talk crap all night. Just a relaxing weekend before we get into the Christmas rush.

For ppl who wanna do some harder stuff up there I can point you in the right direction, I'm sure there will be enough who will wanna join you. ( I might even be 1 lol. ).

All welcome.

List so far.
PK, Gu patrol. + a few newbies.
Digger & Lil, 80 series

Paul Patrol

Hi mate. We stayed at Sheepyards on Cup weekend. We did the hut drive which was awesome. The kids had a ball. You'll need the whole day and the loop trip is about 200 k's.

I may join yuz but let you know closer to the date if that's ok. We have to plan everything around Tim's sports.

We also heading up there the last weekend before Chrissy.

Paul Patrol

Oh, I forgot to mention that the track up Mt Stirling is still closed until further notice which means 4 or 5 huts are un-accessible.

PK Kitchens

Thanks buddy.

Yeah I'm prolly heading up there again the same weekend
( for Tim's drinks trip ).

I myself am prolly only planning on driving up to Craig's hut and back again. I'm sure there will be someone else who wants to do all the huts. ( the circuit ). But for me it's just a weekend of camping and sucking on some cans.

PK

Neddysmith

SOund slike a great weekend, unfortunately i wont be able to make it as i am booked out but will be heading up around Mt Terrible to weekend before.

To everyone going have a great trip.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
We will have to catch again Steve, as it has been a long time since I've seen you & Barry. Cant make your trip as if all goes to plan will be running a daytrip to Tallarook on the Saturday.

PK Kitchens

We will have to catch again Steve, as it has been a long time since I've seen you & Barry. Cant make your trip as if all goes to plan will be running a daytrip to Tallarook on the Saturday.

Yeah it's been ages mate. To bad you can't make it. You could always drive up for the camping on the Saturday night :).
If not I'm sure there will be plenty of trips in the new year, we will catch up on one of them.

PK

PK Kitchens

Getting closer... But still another week of work :( ... So not close enough! Lol

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm re packing the van again this weekend so I'll be ready to go. It's ganna kill me waiting lol.
I guess I am lucky I've been away almost every weekend ( except 1 ) for the last 6 weeks.
You can take dogs to sheep yards can't you?

PK

matthewperk

They dont define how short the leads need to be... I'm thinking at least a good 50m of rope would be appropriate...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk