Camper trailer insurance

Just wondering what who people are using for off road camper trailer insurance, have been quoted in excess of $900 to over $1000 for a value of $22,000

dno67

As above, RACV, CIL, suncorp, shannons, there's plenty too choose from and compare prices. Just make sure you get the cover you need.

dno67

Thats why it's a good idea to compare.. lol
I've found the best value usually come from a multi policy discount.

I have my camper (and cars) insured with Allianz via police bank. Price was the best at the time but more importantly I had to claim last year and they were awesome to deal with. I won't go into all the details but they went above and beyond and even paid more for our emergency accommodation then we were entitled to.

CaptainBanana

Where do you live? Where did you tell them it's garaged? Yard? Drive? Garage? Any prior claims for damage or theft.... This question is not so easy to answer.

CIL - cover my 1983 Jayco Swan. They are the only mainstream ones I found that do trailers that old. It's agreed value is about $4.8k I think, with premiums of about $220. Not garaged, just parked on front garden. Sorry op, I just realised you were asking for off-road, this is an on-road trailer.

dno67

CIL - cover my 1983 Jayco Swan. They are the only mainstream ones I found that do trailers that old. It's agreed value is about $4.8k I think, with premiums of about $220. Not garaged, just parked on front garden. Sorry op, I just realised you were asking for off-road, this is an on-road trailer.
Good info for others that may be looking for cost effective cover, on a similar
trailer.

dno67

Went with RACV again with the new van, better cover and heaps cheaper than others
My personal experience, over 25 years.
Ive found RACV really good with multiple policies, and they don't seem to hike the premium up like others at renewal time.

dabbler

Even insurance companies say you should shop around. It's good advice.

There are too many factors involved. For me, RACQ has been best the last three years, partly because on my length of club membership, partly because other vehicles gain a group discount. Plus I hit the local office, they match website prices and can access modified policies (like age, excess etc) that are automated on the website.

Shop around.