Bypass solar regulator

Noelquaama

I have a new redarc power station with an inbuilt dcdc charger and solar regulator
I need to bypass the existing regulator on my panels and run the solar through the redarc setup
not sure how to go about deregulating the panels, can any knowledgeable travellers suggest anything ?

cam04

I have a new redarc power station with an inbuilt dcdc charger and solar regulator
I need to bypass the existing regulator on my panels and run the solar through the redarc setup
not sure how to go about deregulating the panels, can any knowledgeable travellers suggest anything ?
I jump 2 new wires straight into the side of the reg that has the picture of the solar panel on it, on top of the existing 2 wires coming from the black box on the panel, and stick an andersen plug on them. That way you retain your regulated feed for other business - note, that is for my portable panels. I can take a pic later if you need.

Noelquaama

Thanks for that, thats the process I was contemplating, I just needed someone with more knowledge than me to confirm it, I tend to use andersen plugs as much as I can. Thanks again !

dabbler

I replaced the wiring from panel to regulator with wiring terminated in an Anderson and added an Anderson to the regulator input.

That allows me to cable directly to my DCDC or connect the two Andersons and use the regulator (never needed it though). My regulator was glued onto the panel back and I wasn't risking removing it.