denmonkey

Hey all,

the weekend away to Bylong finally arrived and we're all back home without any major damage to anyone vehicles.

My mates triton now has a loose rear bumper but other than that, all is good.

A few of us spent 4 days up there with 6 cars and a side by side making the trip and spending various number of days with us.

All up we had my nt paj, 2x triton, 200LC, 100LC, courier and the side by side.

They haven't had rain up there in over 18 months, so most of the harder tracks are just powder making them very slippery and some not worth attempting.

The camp grounds were just dirt and the cat heads have pretty much taken over.

I dragged my non offroad 14ft jayco up there without much issue albeit that is has been lifted.

several camper trailers and a jayco flamingo rounded out the sleeping arrangements.

Whilst there was some complaints about the cost arrangement. You pay by the day not by the night, regardless of when you arrive.

So you are basically paying for an extra day to what would be normal.

Here are some pics of the weekend and I have several videos to come as they get edited. I have heaps of footage.

With regards to the Paj, I was super impressed how well it handled everything I pointed it at.

I also think Vlad's mod helped me up some tracks that may otherwise required a lot more effort.

I focused on slow and steady and just let the car do the work and that it did.

It shocked a lot of people and they loved the wheel lifting.

You get used to it but bystanders are amazed every time it does it.

DSCF5433.jpg
DSCF5474.jpg
DSCF5476.jpg
DSCF5477.jpg
f.jpg
IMG_3779.jpg
IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg
P1000542.jpg
P1000553.jpg
P1000573.jpg
P1000577.jpg
P1000590.jpg
P1000597.jpg
P1000623.jpg

and to start, the pajero edit of the weekend.

denmonkey

Sup Spoon.
No tipping over :D
Everyone outside seems to think its going but it doesn't feel that bad inside.
I'm getting very used to it throwing a wheel up but I need to be weary that I don't get over confident with it.
The worst it felt was on that flex ramp. With both side wheels up it felt like it wanted to go.
Looking back at the video, it was hardly up at all.
amazing the difference from inside to outside.

Not a bad spot and all but won't be heading back in a hurry.
Its given me some perspective on some places I have on my back door step, so I will be making the most of them for the foreseeable future.

Luthy

Looked like fun. Im pretty sure after last weekend that we will be having a few more trips out around newy/central coast coming up. Glad you enjoyed it!

denmonkey

Excellent. I'd be interested in tagging along.
If it's not going to be posted up somewhere, would you mind letting me know when it comes up ?
My mate in the triton is keen to get up to the wattagans after the weekends fun. I'll post up when it happens.

Luthy

Yeah sure. Im probably gonna try and get a trip together in about 3 weeks. See how it goes. Or if your heading out sooner give us a holla!

denmonkey

done and done.
Nothing planned at this point still getting the dust out of everything from the weekend, but will let you know.

denmonkey

cheers mate. was a good weekend. The run up and back through the valley is bloody beautiful.
If you're up for a run I think we'll have to arrange something in the near future.
If you boys want to have a think about where we should go.
There's plenty up the wattagans but I can't say I know of much but the main roads etc.
So if you know of anything worth taking a run at, I'm all ears.
We did find a track out from the basin camp which was pretty basic but a nice drive.

denmonkey

sup Spoon :cool:
I really wanted to test out the paj and what better way to do that than nice and slow.
Ultimately, there were only a few spots where I had to give it a bit of right foot to make it get up the climb.
I was super impressed with the way it kept up with everything else on the day. Even going some places no one else wanted to try but I think probably would have made.

CruisingSned

cheers mate. was a good weekend. The run up and back through the valley is bloody beautiful.
If you're up for a run I think we'll have to arrange something in the near future.
If you boys want to have a think about where we should go.
There's plenty up the wattagans but I can't say I know of much but the main roads etc.
So if you know of anything worth taking a run at, I'm all ears.
We did find a track out from the basin camp which was pretty basic but a nice drive.
Sounds good
I'm not far from the watagans. Not overly familiar with the tracks either. Still pretty green as well.

denmonkey

and here's an extended edit with the other vehicles involved.
I have soooo much footage and will be doing a few edits for various places.
A fair bit of the footage will be the same but there will be some new stuff in each.
I figure people can watch the video on the vehicle they're most interested in... if they want to
I'll post them all below as they get done.

for now.

denmonkey

and if you just want to check out a short vid instead of watching the big ones,

here's a short bylong edit