Bush Fungi Stuff

BIGCOL

Great spot that Col , and across the road from there have found some really cool stuff in the past :)
It was because of you mentioning it previously Rick that I decided to head that way. A stop off on a trip that Jen and I did last weekend, working on the report at the moment. I didn't know of it so thanks.

Col.

Spooner

It was because of you mentioning it previously Rick that I decided to head that way. A stop off on a trip that Jen and I did last weekend, working on the report at the moment. I didn't know of it so thanks.
We know all the Fungi hot spots and will pass them on to you in hoping in the future others will keep this great thread alive. :)
Where we are going is not the place for Fungi hunting but , there are plenty of other things to explore everywhere ;)

99pc chimpanzee

Its been Raining
Untitled.jpg

BIGCOL

Now Lichen is not a fungi but of a similar elk so I thought I would post this. Right next to my place is a bushland reserve, beside the fence I photographed this Lichen and tree.

My grand daughter loves climbing trees, and 5 minutes later she spotted some Kangaroo Poo (Not truffles ok!!) as well.

Col.

99pc chimpanzee

Lovely pics Col,I think it was a good idea to shut the gate on any references to Truffles:).
From one 99p.c chimp to another,:D,seeing a younger and more agile member of our species in a tree is perfect nature and heartwarming:)
Lichen here we come and a bit of moss too!-why not,not today though,geez we've had some rain here in Lofty ranges,creeks are running a gunnel.

BIGCOL

Thanks mate, not to flash hot over here either. Not a heap of rain yet but I guess you may send it over Ha!
When ever I can I like to take the little critters into the bush so they learn that there is something more to life than just iphones and computers. You should have seen the look on her face when I picked up some of the poo and chucked into a small lake, to show her how it floats. I got her to throw some in but boy when I got back home you want to see the reaction of her mum when my grand daughter told her what we did, absolute gold.
I teach them a bit about the bush and stuff, she doesn't quite believe me when I told her that wombats do squarish poo and why it is so. Still working on that one Ha!!

Col.

PS. I love it when they show enthusiasm for climbing etc, I get a bit sore when I have to lift them down when they get stuck though!!!! Ha!

99pc chimpanzee

have seen the look on her face when I picked up some of the poo and chucked into a small lake, to show her how it floats. I got her to throw some in but boy when I got back home you want to see the reaction of her mum when my grand daughter told her what we did, absolute gold.
You paint a good picture there!:eek:

BIGCOL

Wombats are very territorial, they mark that territory by leaving a marker to tell other wombats that this is their place and to bugger off. They leave those droppings on elevated spots so they are more easily seen. On logs or tuffs of grass or even on round rocks etc. Evolution has come to the fore to produce square poo so they don't roll off. How cool is that.

Col.

99pc chimpanzee

Wombats are very territorial, they mark that territory by leaving a marker to tell other wombats that this is their place and to bugger off. They leave those droppings on elevated spots so they are more easily seen. On logs or tuffs of grass or even on round rocks etc. Evolution has come to the fore to produce square poo so they don't roll off. How cool is that.

Col.
Amazing.and to quote a post from yesterday,"Learn something new as they say"

Triton14

So that's the reason why the hell those wombats always take a dump on top of a downed tree branch then :confused:

And here I was thinking it was just a set up to mess with my hiking shoes :D

BIGCOL

Driving through a remote part of the Pilbara recently when I came across of all things, a golf ball in the middle of the track!

Now I knew it wasn't, it was a Puff Ball way out in a harsh, very dry very rugged part of the world.

The effort for it to push itself up through that sort of ground would have been considerable. Each stone, rock is like bits of steel. Very heavy and as I have said, really tough ground.

Col.