Bush Cures

goldrush

Over the past weekend I took the family for a trip to Blackdown Tablelands National Park and got totally hammered by sandflies. I have spent the last 2 days going insane with the constant itching. I tried calamine lotion, Isocol and Eurax cream with no real success with any of them. In desperation I looked for more cures on the net this morning and found a real miracle. For the last 3 hours I have been itch free. The miracle cure is .................VEGEMITE. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Just cover the bites with Vegemite and the itching stops within minutes. The Vegemite will dry and not rub off on everything you touch.

Is there anything Vegemite can't do?

Does anyone else have any strange cures for various problems.

BUSHNUT

Over the past weekend I took the family for a trip to Blackdown Tablelands National Park and got totally hammered by sandflies. I have spent the last 2 days going insane with the constant itching. I tried calamine lotion, Isocol and Eurax cream with no real success with any of them. In desperation I looked for more cures on the net this morning and found a real miracle. For the last 3 hours I have been itch free. The miracle cure is .................VEGEMITE. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Just cover the bites with Vegemite and the itching stops within minutes. The Vegemite will dry and not rub off on everything you touch.

Is there anything Vegemite can't do?

Does anyone else have any strange cures for various problems.

Surprised you didn't know the mystical qualities of Vegamite being a Queenslander . In regards to sandflies - adequate consumption of Vegemite also makes you unattractive to sandfly bites , I have heard that it is the vitammin B content that they don't like but I 'll stand corrected - it is recommennded lots of vitamin B .

BUSHNUT

Bullant, Bluebottle ant bites and March fly bites - an old bushy one is the juice from a ripe bracken fern . look for a good ripe purple brown one at the base, pull it out from the ground , break open the root base and rub the sap on the bite .

Traveller

Telfast works for sandfly nibbles as well. Can also use the dettol, baby-oil, (insert other here) mix, just
makes you a bit smelly and slippery.......

knot_gillty

Ive heard Vegimite clears up cold sores pretty quick too. I went to see a friend quite a few years ago and they had this brown/black crap all around their mouth. What's that i ask. Vegimite for the cold sores.....

Pure Yobbo

Aqua Ear for ticks and leaches ..... I guess metho would probably do the same thing.

We had a member on a trip early last year (True Grit) get a tick on Bribie - he came back to us after he went to the DOC af ew days later and they told him Rid, Off, Aeroguard were the best to kill them off.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
We had a member on a trip early last year (True Grit) get a tick on Bribie - he came back to us after he went to the DOC af ew days later and they told him Rid, Off, Aeroguard were the best to kill them off.

Yea Aqua Ear just gets them pissed off and they back out. You can actually feel their little legs pulling almost like they put their lockers in and reversed :)