Bunyip Trip - Saturday 16th Jan

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hi All,

I am heading back up to the Bunyip area on Saturday 16th Jan ( this coming Saturday ). Short notice I know, sorry.

Looking at heading in along Forest Road and doing Bullock Link Track, Robertsons Creek Firetrail, Rocky Track, Gentle Annie areas and possibly Western Track and a few more around there. Depending on time, might also venture back to Andersons Track to have a look, haven't been to that one since before the fires.

I will be at the BP Longwarry at 0800 if anyone is interested in joining me. Let me know. Will be on UHF 27 if you want to join up / find us later on.

David ( Davidman )

Jarh73

Hey David

Just check but a lot of Tracks are closed off.

I was up there twice last month.

Andersons track is open but its more like a highway now.
Still steep but has been graded.

Cheers

Justin

Davidman

Hey David

Just check but a lot of Tracks are closed off.

I was up there twice last month.

Andersons track is open but its more like a highway now.
Still steep but has been graded.

Cheers

Justin

Thanks

Was up there a couple of weeks ago too, the ones I have listed were open, but the scenery has definitely changed since last year. See how we go on Andersons, it was always a challenge, especially in the wet. Shame it is now graded, but I suppose it had to be done.

Jarh73

I'm sure Andersons track would still be hard in the wet!

I think western track is closed where it meets Gentle Annie.

Well it was just after Christmas.

I'd like to join you but have a bucks party to go to on Saturday .

Cheers

Justin

Smeacs

Banned
Might try to get out for the day. Just depends on the "Little One" and the dollars. Will see if Big Matt is interested as well.

Bainsy

tempted... VERY tempted! Just go to find out if im working or not. La'toya is goin to one of those beauty places on saturday so im free! iv also got stuff to fix but hopfuly theyl hang in a bit longer!

Last edited:

Davidman

G'day Bainsy

Would be good to catch up again.

If the rain that they have forecast happens, could be a fun day. Parts of Roberstons Creek Firetrail, Gentle Annie, Bullock Link Track etc are medium in the dry, can't remember doing them in the wet, but I'm sure it will be fun.

David

Bainsy

G'day Bainsy

Would be good to catch up again.

If the rain that they have forecast happens, could be a fun day. Parts of Roberstons Creek Firetrail, Gentle Annie, Bullock Link Track etc are medium in the dry, can't remember doing them in the wet, but I'm sure it will be fun.

David

Yep looking forward to it David, lets try and keep the front wheels turning too hey! i havnt been up there yet (yeh unbelievable as i live just down the road!) so at least i cant lead you all down to the track of no return! i hope that im available.

Davidman

Scott ( Elbie84 ) and I ended up going back to Hell Track and did it from the other way. Lots easier, but still a lot of fun and a challenge.

russell1974

would love to get out with you this time but I have winch sol. that needs fixing before the long weekend have fun hope you get some good pics from up there

Davidman

Hi Bainsy,

See you at the BP at 0800. Looking fwd to it. Not sure who else we will get, maybe one or two others.

David

1TUFFGU

No longer coming to this. Will stick a bit closer to home due to commitments in the evening. Doing a Toolangi trip instead.
Have fun guys.

Smeacs

Banned
Hi,
As Big Matt has posted, We are looking to meet you at the BP in Longwarry.
Catch you there on 27.

May also have a work mate coming along.

It may be a good laugh as he drives a Rav4 (Stock as). He wants to see what it is capable of. He has been told that it might get a bit to hairy for his little thing but he is keen so we will see how he goes.

Last edited:

Elbie84

Sorry David,

Would have like to have come but only cheaked my computer this morning (a bit late),

Hope you guys had a good one.

Will get aboard the next trip.

Big Matt

what a belter of a trip, cheers David and Bainsy we had a great day out

Those tracks in the wet would be something else again

Cheers

Matt