Bunyip Area this Sunday, 12th Feb

shinysideUP

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Been over a month since I got the truck dirty. Thinking of checking out some of the harder tracks in the area. Happy to let someone else lead if they have better knowledge of the tracks. 5-6 rigs max, modified vehicles only, no newbies (sorry).
Meet: Longwarry Servo (east bound)
Time: 8.30am

Definite Starters:

Me - Patrol
Mans & Davidman - Prado
Mudlark - Pajero
4wdnuts - Patrol
BlackNav - Mavrick/Patrol ;)

To Confirm:
CRTX

Last edited:

Mud lark

Could be a goer mate. Is there any good camping spots up there?got my little boy this weekend and we were going camping.
Cheers Richie

discomatt

Would love to get out for a run but would have to get towed the whole way:rolleyes:
engine is rooted will be looking for a couple of trips in about 6 weeks:D

shinysideUP

Hi Richie, will check the maps to see whats around campsite wise. Were you thinking of camping the Saturday night and meeting up with me on the Sunday? Or camping Sunday night?

Mud lark

Will be heading up there after work on fri. Camp fri and sat night and meet up Sunday mate. Have to get brody back sun arvo.

shinysideUP

There's a nice one at Kurth Kiln just out of Gembrook. First track for the Day will be Rocky Tk off Forest Rd north of Labatouch.Then Robertsons - Bullock Link - Tee Tree - Gentle Annie - Sisters - Phasmid - then back down to Western Tk. Could be a stretch to do it all but depends on the weather and track conditions I spose. Will see what the day brings.

4wdnuts

Hi mate, I may be up for this one, will confirm on Fri night/Sat morning.....
How many trucks are going so far?

Davidman

Hi Andrew,
Check the web to see if these are open again. Last time I looked (about 2 months ago) most of the tracks on the east of Forest Road were closed. May have changed. They are some great tracks. Rob Creek would be good to do again. How many you got so far ?

did most off the tracks on australia day weekend , all are easy now ( except bullock which i never looked at ) very dry and dusty but looks like rain this weekend , if you want something hardfer try burgess track and let me know whats it like .. cheers

shinysideUP

Hi Andrew,
Check the web to see if these are open again. Last time I looked (about 2 months ago) most of the tracks on the east of Forest Road were closed. May have changed. They are some great tracks. Rob Creek would be good to do again. How many you got so far ?

Had a max of 5 rigs to make the day move fast and get as many tracks done as possible.
Would be great if you could come along. If some of the tracks are closed we might head north.

i could be a goer Andrew will let you know Friday night

No worries Bill. Be good to catch up.

did most off the tracks on australia day weekend , all are easy now ( except bullock which i never looked at ) very dry and dusty but looks like rain this weekend , if you want something hardfer try burgess track and let me know whats it like .. cheers

Thanks Blue Dragon, will definetly keep it in mind.

shinysideUP

Hi mate, I may be up for this one, will confirm on Fri night/Sat morning.....
How many trucks are going so far?

If everyone that's shown interest confirms, then we've got our 5. Could go to 6 if someone twists my arm. Have updated the first post with the interested parties.

4wdnuts

Any chance to start earlier, say 8:30/9am ?.....
Would prefer to start earlier... do as many tracks as possible and finish before 5pm.....

Just a thought.....

shinysideUP

Any chance to start earlier, say 8:30/9am ?.....
Would prefer to start earlier... do as many tracks as possible and finish before 5pm.....

Just a thought.....

Yeah, I'm easy. How's 8:30 at Longwarry sound for every one? What about you Richie, too early? There's a desent camp spot on the river not far up the road (on the old Hwy) called Picnic Point, only 2min away. Let me know if 8:30 is to early for you and we'll make it 9am.
Some rain will be good but not too much dont want to winch all day. Be good to go out and not be covered in dust the whole day.

Nicho

the weather

just saw the weather report awhile ago Friday Rain Sat Rain Sun Rain Mon Rain
not a good time to do those tracks.Bullock got me a few weeks ago big ruts i landed on my side after slipping into one .
Just a thought check the weather reports
cheers
Nicho