BullBars

DazzaMTD

I'm the market for a new bullbar to suit my 2003 lux,
I'm trying to decide between Arb, Tjm and Ironman (unless anyone else knows some good brands)
I don't want a winch bar as i've got a hand winch, so all i want is bullbar that looks good and is strong and reliable, also if you could include the $$$$ that would be good.

Cheers:)

Last edited:

darlingd

I recently got an ARB bar for my 04 Pajero, and found the biggest difference in price was dependant on if you want Alloy or Steel. ARB are the only ones that make a steel bar for my 4by, and it was significantly cheaper than the alloy bars.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
ARB and TJM bars are good. The big thing is to check the bars has space for your spot lights you wish to install. On the Prado I have the TJM steel bars which only give me limited chooses for lights. Best thing is the look at the bars on a vehicle or at least a photo before you decide

croozza

If you want to go by tuffness and quality, you cannot go past ARB, The ironman is a copy but to beat the copyright laws they have to make it 22% different, and that differance is in the streanth.

TUFF IFS LUX

have you looked at the factory toyota bars for this year hilux? I had one on my 03 hilux, it was made by ARB for toyota, and it looked good and was strong -

havok011101

I don't want a winch bar as i've got a hand winch, so all i want is bullbar that looks good and is strong and reliable, also if you could include the $$$$ that would be good.

Hey Dazza, have you used the hand winch yet? I got caught in the rut on the weekend and it worked really well, I just had a 1ton one a mate loaned me or something. Was a little more hard work that I expected, but it did the trick.

Just as we got out somebody drove past to snatch us out, but it was too late! So yeah, the sense of achievement afterwards was huge!

Gone Fishing

You probably cant really go past the TJM or ARB bars. Another thing to think about besides the spotlights is weather you want steel or alloy. Personally I prefer steel as if you happen to find a stray skippy on the road it is much eaiser to straighten steel than alloy. However, the disadvantage with steel is the extra weight on the front end. Again not a drama if you upgrade the suspension a bit. Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

Ken

Poolman84

ARB here in SA did my mates recently $1300 Installed, it is deluxe bar or something, he was not happy with it because thay didn't put it on level, 10mm one side 30mm other!!!! have you considred custom!!!

rodw

On my 2007 Hilux I went with the Ironman bar because I got sick of waiting after 3 months for an ARB one. It cost me $1280 which also included the fog lights and factory style switch (My SR diid not come with factory fog lights lke the SR5). This was $30 more than the ARB Commercial bar at the time. I think the ARB one is a better made bar, TJM is also worth considering.

Not sure I would have gone with the bolt on hoops if I still lived in Roo country though. They also make a commercial bar that is welded.

DSC_2510.jpg

530001_image2-002.jpg

I would not say the Ironman is a copy of the ARB bar, there are lot of differences when compared side by side. Totally different mounts and actually higher than the ARB bar.