Bullbar installation video - Uneek 4x4 Single Hoop

Triton14

Now I know the $500 I paid to get mine installed was money well spent :D

Good on you for the DIY job though.

I will do DIY for some things but you do have to weigh up the amount of work involved & the skill level required & of course the tools you have.

I just put new LED's & rewired the boat trailer, not a hard job really but I almost had to go to an auto elec because I couldn't get the taillights on the trailer to work.
After getting the MM out & testing it all round the fault was actually in the cars wiring to the 7pin plug & not the soldering & rewiring I did on the trailer.

These things can be bloody testing at times :p

YouTube is your friend with these things & im sure you did a fair bit of it before your attempt?

if you didn't I sure would have!

Last edited:

Lewy_88

Now I know the $500 I paid to get mine installed was money well spent :D

Good on you for the DIY job though.

I will do DIY for some things but you do have to weigh up the amount of work involved & the skill level required & of course the tools you have.

I just put new LED's & rewired the boat trailer, not a hard job really but I almost had to go to an auto elec because I couldn't get the taillights on the trailer to work.
After getting the MM out & testing it all round the fault was actually in the cars wiring to the 7pin plug & not the soldering & rewiring I did on the trailer.

These things can be bloody testing at times :p

YouTube is your friend with these things & im sure you did a fair bit of it before your attempt?

if you didn't I sure would have!
Yeah 100% worth paying sometimes. In saying that if I was to do it a second time it would be sooo much quicker.

Multi meter when doing 12v electrical work is a must. Either happy days or bloody frustrating haha.

Funny thing is I couldnt find any videos on it. That's why I made this one. Same with my suspension instal. But with most things, YouTube is an amazing resource!

typhoeus

For me DIY is an opportunity to make sure its done properly, probably over engineered if fabrication work, but net end result is Happy chappy. nothing worse than getting under your 4by at some later time and noticing some dodgy s*** that someone else has done.

Lewy_88

For me DIY is an opportunity to make sure its done properly, probably over engineered if fabrication work, but net end result is Happy chappy. nothing worse than getting under your 4by at some later time and noticing some dodgy s*** that someone else has done.
Yeah totally agree. Have heard so many horror stories. Even had a car come home from a service with the sump plug loose, it leaked oil all over my driveway.

The amount you learn about your car when working on it can be invaluable when out bush as well. I have done my suspension, cv shaft and bullbar now.