Change background image

Bullbar feedback

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by APD, Sep 27, 2018.

1. APD

APD New Member

Hey all, looking too upgrade from the alloy bullbar too steel on my 105 landcuiser

Ive looked at mcc, dobinson, rock armour, arb etc
    Mcc dont seem too get very good reviews, almost all are negative so i looked towards either rock armour deluxe, or a dobinson.
    Anyone have either and can give genuine feedback?
    Much appreciated.

2. PrawnCracker

PrawnCracker New Member

What's wrong with MCC?
    I have one of their bars and it's well made.

3. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

i would say dobinson, MCC and rock armour (aka powerful4x4) are in the same category, they do the job but they have somethings that seperate them from ARB etc
    Eg slightly worse powder coat, bit harder to install, not built as strong.
    Your choice of installer/seller will be important if you have any issues.

ARB/TJM/Uneek etc are all better bars IMO but you need to decide if the extra is worth it or not.

Jaye likes this.
  4. PrawnCracker

PrawnCracker New Member

I would say Ironman is in with Dobinson, MCC, Rock Armour etc. Just because it is a well known brand doesn't mean it's any better.
    I agree that ARB and TJM are a world apart. I have seen up close the mounts and welds and they are much better but also much dearer.

Horses for courses.

5. shaun0

shaun0 Active Member

ARB commercial bar on my 100 series does the job and well built. Didnt see the point in going for the Deluxe bar.

6. Jaye

Jaye Well-Known Member

Ironman are quite a good bar, they have come a long way since the early versions. As someone who has fitter many different bull bars I wouldnt touch Rock Armour with a 10ft pole. Others as mentioned arn't finished as good as the big players. You get what you pay for when it comes to bull bars. A lot of the time its the small things that are the difference, but as an accessory fitter you notice the difference when you fit them all day long.

itlldoo likes this.
  7. Andrewjill

Andrewjill New Member

Hi iv just had an ironman bar fitted today on my 2013 holden colorado RG but have noticed a lot of vibration through the steering at idle after picking it up does anyone now what thats all about or is it just due to the extra wait on the front now it didnt vibrate before hand and hasnt had any other mods

8. Jaye

Jaye Well-Known Member

Probably due to the weight. Maybe the front body mounts or something like that are a bit more squashed due to the weight and that transfers the vibration easier. It takes a few weeks to get used to the feeling again of the vehicle so maybe time will help.

richardlnsw likes this.
  9. shaun0

shaun0 Active Member

Yeah its a good chance its the weight. I had swapped my stock alloy bullbar with the ARB iron bullbar just before I got my suspension done and the guys said it was a good thing I did the bullbar swap first as it makes a difference in the suspension setup.

10. Andrewjill

Andrewjill New Member

No worries thanks for the reply much appreciated.