Bugs & Other Critters.

BIGCOL

A native snail, if they come across an introduced, common garden type variety they will attack it and kill it. Death by slow motion, I have seen this happen, a most unusual site although I couldn't wait around too long as the fight takes forever to come to an end.

The black ones are native and so should be protected, not squished!

This is Victaphanta astramentaria a carnivorous snail native to Victoria, it's common name is the Gippsland Black Snail.

Col.

Last edited:

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
They're cool little guys aren't they.
This one stood still in a wheel track of the CSR and didn't even twitch until I picked it up and placed it out of harms way a good ten minutes after spotting it.
After I put it down, it did that jerky walk thing that they do which I thought was the coolest thing I'd ever seen at the time. I got Jen out of the ute to see its funky walk, but when I tried to replicate what I'd done the first time, it just ran off like a regular lizard.
CanningWM 39.jpg

BIGCOL

A Golden Orb Spider, the Golden reference is to the colour of it's Orb (Web) The spiders themselves come in a variety of colours hence the confusion sometimes.

The male is just a fraction the size of the female (shown here) but he usually positions himself on the other side of the web, so he doesn't get eaten which often happens.

Col.

greysrigging

Itchy grub caterplllars.....dont try this at home folks as the little buggers can cause painfull welts on your skin.....me ? I'm immune to 'em apparently.

Colorful Pilbara centipede.

Itchy grub roadtrain

Keep oneself amused, steer the front grub in a circle until it finds the arse end of the last grub and then there is a never ending circle formed.....cost John Hollands a fortune in lost productivity when we discovered this....lol.