BT50 Tyres with standard suspension?

Halst21

Hey all, new to 4x4 earth, new to 4wding.
I recently bought a 2013 BT50 GT, will be going through some upgrades soon enough.
Tyres are due to be changed so they're first on my hitlist, i was wondering if there will be any dramas with putting on 275/70/R17 LT AT's ?
These should be about a 32.5 or so.
Suspension is std for now, don't want to tamper with that until last, might go for a 2" lift, but will wait and see.
Dont want to have dramas with scrubbing etc before any lift kit.
Will these tyres be too big?
Any thoughts or recommendations?
Cheers.

cam04

I run 265 70 17’s no problem. Clearance to guards is a non issue. Possibly your front wheel clearance on steering members may be if you are keeping the stock wheels.

Spooner

I run 265 70 17’s no problem. Clearance to guards is a non issue. Possibly your front wheel clearance on steering members may be if you are keeping the stock wheels.

265/70 is the best option If you want a bigger tyre on these.
275 & 285's will rub on the control arms and inside front guards on stock suspension.
A 2" lift with 265/65's work well for me , It's personal choice.
Ive tried a borrowed set of 285's on spanky new offset mags and didn't like them much at all.

Halst21

Thanks guys much appreciated. I’ll stick with the 265 65s for now and look at other options down the track after a lift.

Halst21

265/70 is the best option If you want a bigger tyre on these.
275 & 285's will rub on the control arms and inside front guards on stock suspension.
A 2" lift with 265/65's work well for me , It's personal choice.
Ive tried a borrowed set of 285's on spanky new offset mags and didn't like them much at all.
Ok thanks. What was it you didn’t like?

Spooner

Ok thanks. What was it you didn’t like?

It made it handle and turn like a turd , due to the offset rims.
Threw all my gearing out , mines a manual so I'm very used it as it was .
Slower performance ( It's a Slug anyway , just made it into a Super Slug ) , less braking , apart from looking P-Plater Tonka Tuff , I found no upside to them at all.
Don't let me put you off , its only my personal opinion . I only tested it off road on tracks .

Spooner

Really at the end of the day , even if you run 33's does not make it any more off road capable than if you didn't as you will always get stuck regardless in bigger ruts & holes by those before you with bigger tyres.
And guess what ? They get stuck too :)

CF560658-35AB-43E6-822E-593F4C0350CE.jpeg

831959D9-82C6-4CB9-A3B4-0E5EC4A818D5.jpeg