Brake PADS, what's the go ?

Adventure guy

I'm tipping this question has been asked before, but what brand of pads are the best to use? I find the ones I use now, fade after river crossings, so is there a good all around pad?
(road and dirt and disc wear) I'm hearing EBC or BENDIX ?

Can you Let me know any experiences you have had with different pads ??

Thanks.... :)

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Don't worry about BRAKES!!!! :cool:

They only slow ya down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhehehehe!!!!:D:D

sorry!!:rolleyes:

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I use the Bendix 4wd which have worked well but a friend uses Ferodo and is happy with them.

The Bendix web gives this info
A brake pad providing low noise, low dust and reduced brake fade at high temperatures. Features a unique Titanium Stripe and is manufactured using EPR for extra strength, higher friction and greater heat resistance.

GippsSurfer

The 1st question to ask is whether you are drying them out after doing the river crossing or just keep going with no reguard for the effects later on...

Whenever I do a crossing, I will apply the brakes and drive thru them for 20 or so meters to generate some heat to dry them out a little... Works for me...

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Agree with GippsSurfer about drying your brakes after going through water. If you are doing that and the pads still have heaps of meat on them, when was the last time the brake fluid was changed?

Adventure guy

I'm happy

my vote goes to bendix

I use the Bendix 4wd which have worked well but a friend uses Ferodo and is happy with them.

The Bendix web gives this info
A brake pad providing low noise, low dust and reduced brake fade at high temperatures. Features a unique Titanium Stripe and is manufactured using EPR for extra strength, higher friction and greater heat resistance.

The 1st question to ask is whether you are drying them out after doing the river crossing or just keep going with no reguard for the effects later on...

Whenever I do a crossing, I will apply the brakes and drive thru them for 20 or so meters to generate some heat to dry them out a little... Works for me...

Agree with GippsSurfer about drying your brakes after going through water. If you are doing that and the pads still have heaps of meat on them, when was the last time the brake fluid was changed?

Thanks guys for your comments and help:), the river crossing tip is one I had forgotten about, so I will give that ago on the next RC.
I fitted up some Bendix pads today,so far seem better than the OE pads,better braking,no pulling, no noise, so far so good !! ;)