Bought a Masport 6 burner

Triton14

Bought one of these puppies in the boxing day sale.

View attachment 70411

Set up was interesting, but we got their in the end. Steaks for dinner tonight!
Looks like a great bbq Patriot, Id love something like that but its nearly the same size as my balcony :oops:

I recon if I had a house being a chef I recon my yard would look like a pitmasters convention :cool:

I'd definately have a offset smoker, a spit roaster, a woodfire oven & a charcoal kettle & a gas bbq as well.

As it is I have a small bench top gas & weber kettle on my 3m x 1.5m balcony, with that there's just enought room for 2 chairs.

Enjoy :)

Patriot

Administrator
Looks like a great bbq Patriot, Id love something like that but its nearly the same size as my balcony :oops:

I recon if I had a house being a chef I recon my yard would look like a pitmasters convention :cool:

I'd definately have a offset smoker, a spit roaster, a woodfire oven & a charcoal kettle & a gas bbq as well.

As it is I have a small bench top gas & weber kettle on my 3m x 1.5m balcony, with that there's just enought room for 2 chairs.

Enjoy :)
Thanks mate, I would have loved a smoker, but I just don't think we would use it enough and these steaks were cooked in now time, so with a family and all, getting a quick feed is a big requirement. Still going to try a brisket in it - do a nice rub and see how it goes. Won't have the smoking taste, but still hoping for a great taste and melt in the mouth meat.

CaptainBanana

Thanks mate, I would have loved a smoker, but I just don't think we would use it enough and these steaks were cooked in now time, so with a family and all, getting a quick feed is a big requirement. Still going to try a brisket in it - do a nice rub and see how it goes. Won't have the smoking taste, but still hoping for a great taste and melt in the mouth meat.
If you cook it at low enough temperature for long enough it will absolutely pull apart no different to doing it in your oven, you just won't have any of the flavour that's all.

Triton14

You can always find a way to introduce smoke even with a gas bbq.
The biggest issues I think would be temperature control as a brisket is a 3 hour cook & needs a good constant lower temp & more indirect heat source.

If your bbq has a flat under section with small bricks/pellets you can add a metal container of wet woodchips to an area on the side.

Last edited:

CaptainBanana

You can always find a way to introduce smoke even with a gas bbq.
The biggest issues I think would be temperature control as a brisket is a 3 hour cook & needs a good constant lower temp & more indirect heat source.

If your bbq has a flat under section with small bricks/pellets you can add a metal container of wet woodchips to an area on the side.
3 hours? At what temp. Even a 3kg brisket runs 18 hours here, I've done 1.5kg in 12 hours. 3 hours might get you to safe-to-eat temp but not pull apart soft.

Triton14

3 hours? At what temp. Even a 3kg brisket runs 18 hours here, I've done 1.5kg in 12 hours. 3 hours might get you to safe-to-eat temp but not pull apart soft.
True, we have been here before in the smoker thread.

All depends depends in size but yeh I would normally do a full brisket overnight at ua low temp.

Not sure why I said 3 hours.

That's why whole brisket is a hard to do on a gas bbq.

CaptainBanana

True, we have been here before in the smoker thread.

All depends depends in size but yeh I would normally do a full brisket overnight at ua low temp.

Not sure why I said 3 hours.

That's why whole brisket is a hard to do on a gas bbq.
You're right about temp control though, not sure you could run it low enough to make it happen but easy enough to try. The thing is unless you're going to add wood chips or something else you may as well do it in the oven inside.