Border Track SA/Vic advice please

phs

Every time we have done traversed boarder track it has been relatively easy, over grown in sections.

south of Red Bluff gets messy with the big holes ect.

Grinbot

Thanks for this thread everyone! We’re planning of driving the Border Track on the upcoming long weekend - so very timely and useful info!

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks for this thread everyone! We’re planning of driving the Border Track on the upcoming long weekend - so very timely and useful info!

Enjoy.
I'm pretty sure the regular Border Tk was my first 4WD trip, a warm up for a Limestone Coast Beachport - Robe trip.
Just wanted to get a feel for sand and using 4WD.
That would have been a bit over a decade ago.

Grippy

It's a good run, this time of year with some moisture in the sand it'll be a cake walk.
Might be a few punters around being a long weekend.
Usually tons of wood stacked up on side of parts of the track, grab some well before your camp. I've done it a few times and did a blast to Doggers But campground which is just north of Red Bluff, the finished second day, much more enjoyable way is camp up top at Pine Hut Soak, head off in the morning and make ya way down to Red Bluff (could be busy, heaps of space though) then the sloppy muddy bit the next day.
Or, get there late and have a fun night drive down to one of the camps

fuzzychops

We were there last week the sand is very dry and soft no moisture anywhere good fun on the dunes but very doable red bluff is in great shape maintained by Wimmera 4WD club, look for the tame native mouse it is very friendly it even got in the mates swag for a visit .Rare native mouse do not hurt it it will come to visit to look for water and food.