Border track over queens birthday

80lover96gxl

I called 4 different places that run that area and they all said the same thing to me. Only closed for a small porion for re gen from the fires. Red bluff is closed. But just below it has been re opened. Pretty much they said if you come across a closed gate, don't go through. If it's an open gate, then go for it. That's straight from the ranger who works out there and would be the one handing out the fines if in the wrong spot.

PK

Sounds like you've covered all your bases.
Iv met 2 of the Rangers, 1 male n 1 female, the lady was very nice while the bloke seemed like he was trying to justify his position and came off like an arrogant twat, if you encounter one I hope it the lady.

ppcark

I've done the border track over Easter in my JK Wrangler, fron the North of Murray Sunset NP to Red Bluff.

Not really difficult, even the big dunes. South of the one way portion of the track in SA, the border track is closed. We had to do quite a big detour and joined the border track back, then went north to Red Bluff. The place has completly burnt and is a mess :( even the pit toilet has melted.

After that we went to Wyperfeld through the Red Bluff Firebreak track. At the end there was a barrier and a sign saying it's closed... We had no idea since there was no sign coming from the South.

Anyway it was a great trip, hope you'll enjoy!

PK Kitchens

Hey mate, how many cars are on the trip?

Do I get a gurnsey? Am keen if there is a spot

Cheers

Lol sorry buddy I thought you were only a maybe so I didnt really count you in. We've got 7-8 already, I'll talk to everyone who's coming and see if there happy with 1 extra. If the other 1 maybe pulls out though your a sure thing.

PK

Lol sorry buddy I thought you were only a maybe so I didnt really count you in. We've got 7-8 already, I'll talk to everyone who's coming and see if there happy with 1 extra. If the other 1 maybe pulls out though your a sure thing.

PK

All good mate. Keep me in the loop, cheers.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Bummer pk, I'm hoping it will be open mid October for a run.
Not sure with the fire being such a severe one by the sounds of it.
Suppose I'll check early Oct and see.

Sent from my HTC1 using tapatalk