Bogged. Fail

pheoninx

Anyone feel like towing me out of the dz? Both me and my recovery vehicle are stuck. Fail I know lol.

Last edited:

cloughcarib

I got the Hilux out but couldn't move the troopy, it's too deep. A heavily customised 100 series turned up, had a go at the troopy and got stuck but was snatched by the Hilux.

That was when I realized the time and had to get the kids home.

Hope you get out OK

Walkabout

I got the Hilux out but couldn't move the troopy, it's too deep. A heavily customised 100 series turned up, had a go at the troopy and got stuck but was snatched by the Hilux.

That was when I realized the time and had to get the kids home.

Hope you get out OK

Did you atleast get some pictures Clough? Scotty an I want to send them in to Win a winch:eek: bogged troopy being snatched by bogged 100 series being snatched out by a Hilux "priceless":D
Should have given us a ring mate, we were out and about wheeling and doing reccie on tracks for the meet up... 2 x recovery vehicles (Nissan) and 1 x very capable Prado:p

Patriot

Administrator
Hey mate,

Sounds like it is pretty bad. Do you need help organizing for some assistance? What are the details?

Cheers,

James

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Besides getting a few guys with winches out there to recovery you, you should also go in the comp for bogged on 4wd Action.

Walkabout

DZ is the Drop Zone, tried calling a couple of times to offer assistance but no answer... (messages left)

Last edited:

pheoninx

right.. thank fark that is over...

finally out... what a disaster that was..

massive thanks to cloughcarib, the humour im sure it provided capped the night...

thanks to whoever else it was that contacted me, my hands were too covered in mud to get to my phone..

final outcome being.. well im home.. im bout to take my fiancee out for dinner, to make up for the fact i just made her sit in the truck for the last 5 hours fighting off the mozzies and the flies..

started out, just casually, strapping around the dz, hitting the occasional puddle, and flicking some mud up, all good fun... partner decides, im sick of circle work, lets find some tracks.. took her down one ive done many times, with no issues, and reached a point where i thought no, i wont get through that.. and stopped.. i was by myself ( i know a fail in itself ) but the hilux was coming to meet me eventually anyway.

so i reversed back up, and pulled off the track into a gap between the trees to turn around... back into first.. then.. 5 hours later im out..

the mud was up to the difs, both front and back, and i was not going anywhere.. snatching prooved a fail when both cars that tried to get me out got bogged themselves, both the stock lux, and the worked 100s. i know this is going to open a can of worms for the nissan guys and so on and so forth to smash the toyota boys..
anywho, we waited for someone else to rock up, what ended up getting me out you ask?

well a high lift jack lifted the back, to fill the whole up with rocks and sticks and anything else, then lifted the front and done the same. then a second attempt at snatching got me out...... annnnd bogged again...

it was beyond belief how soft that mud was once you got past the surface, what a shocker.. and so i again got snatched out, and good to go...

nature 4 (a troopy, a lux, 100s, and a hand winch ) kurt.... epic fail...

thanks again to those that helped... many a lesson learnt..

photos will be up soon, but for now, its ass kissing time.. haha

pheoninx

ha ha ok here are some pics from todays fail..

Image359.jpg

Image373.jpg

Image368.jpg

Image371.jpg

Image372.jpg

Image375.jpg

Image366.jpg

Image370.jpg

Image374.jpg

Image365.jpg

Image367.jpg

Image355.jpg

Image369.jpg

543180_IMG_0285.jpg

11894_IMG_0286.jpg

973373_IMG_0284.jpg

879121_IMG_0290.jpg

245995_IMG_0291.jpg

556850_IMG_0294.jpg

506683_IMG_0287.jpg

Last edited:

Grumpy

Good to hear you got out ok, pretty dominant looking truck there, it would certainly stand out in a crowd.

newhue

lov it, you had the sense to go with mates.

my first foray in my first 4x4 (84 troopy) with a mate who supposedly knew what he was doing.......

we tackled a muddy raod (being constructed) up hill, on a slight camber, with bald, hard as a rock, razor blades. And yes there was something big hanging off my head that day.

Outcome, long muddy walk, long expensive taxi ride with pissed off taxi driver, left the car out Sat and Sun night stuck in a ditch on the side of the road bogged to it's axles. . Back on Monday (4x4 mate this time) with tale between legs apologising to the excavator driver for trashing his road, and begging for help. He pulled me out with a gentle snatch from his bucket, having a bit of a laugh, for free.

I went home and had a ponder....I do things a bit differently theses days.

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
well there's your problem .......... a female was driving :rolleyes::rolleyes:

glad you both got out safely. shows you how quickly it can go pear shaped

at least you were rollin' with others it could have been a lot worse if out by yourself.

Last edited:

pheoninx

How'd you end up over there? It doesn't look like you were even on the track ;)

we werent.. i was trying to turn around when the track ahead of me looked a bit sketchy..

and yeah grumpy, suprised how many people get out of my way when im behind them, they see the reflective sticker in the mirror and move ha ah.. love it

teza h

How soft is that ground !!!!!! looked fine till put a wheel on it, covered by leavs you 'd never know,what a trap. Glad you all got out ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriot

Administrator
Awesome photos. Glad you made it out and and good story for going out and about with a mate.

James