Body lift rules and regulations NSW

Blue_haired_man

G'day guys and girls
Can't seem to find a definitive answer on here or online on whether a 2 inch body lift is legal in NSW, and whether an engineer certificate is needed? Has anyone had any trouble with insurance, police, or the RTA?

I'm looking at buying hilux that has a 2 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body lift and is running 33s.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Leo

You need to check RTA rules but I think that the total 4" lift is too much. A 2" in suspension or body would be ok but not both.

Blue_haired_man

You need to check RTA rules but I think that the total 4" lift is too much. A 2" in suspension or body would be ok but not both.

Cheers mate,
I've been trying to find any relevant documentation but the rta website is a joke to put it lightly. I'll keep searching.

Cheers Leo

RODEODAVE

MY understanding is that 2" IS legal weather it be tyres or suspension anything after would require a engineers certification. hope this helps..

Blue_haired_man

Cheers mate. I spoke to a guy who does engineering certificates the other day and he told me a 2" body or suspension lift and larger tyres to a 3" total is legal, he said over 3" needs a certificate. So I'll keep looking.
Cheers again for the input guys.

Cheers Leo

muc the truck

GOOGLE

NCOP OF YOUR STATE

It will pay all of you that do not have a stock standard 4x4 to read it . Ignorance will not exempt you from a fine from the friendly cop doing his job.

jtb2879

RMS WEBSITE HERE

Says:
"Raising and lowering vehicles...

Guidance on raising and lowering light vehicles is currently given in section LS in VSB 14.

Enquiries may be directed to 1300 137 302 or by email to Technical.Enquiries@rms.nsw.gov.au."

VSB 14 / NCOP is HERE LS in PDF form can be found down the page.

Last edited: