Blue Range Rd VIC

zookifreak

Just wondering if anyone has any more info on blue range rd in bunyip state forest. I'm driving a reasonably stock zook vitara:rolleyes: and was wondering how rough it gets. Its in the track list and the bloke who put it in rates it as easy, but I was seeing if anyone has any more info

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hey zookifreak

I plan to do a recce on Sunday for a club trip the following weekend. From what I have heard on other forums, you probably wouldn't bother to tackle Blue Range Tk in yr stock zook at the moment! In the summer months it would be a great trip for you, a little challenge too. In the winter months it is usually quite muddy and very rutted. If you want to come, you are quite welcome to. I will be leaving from Tonimbuk Equestrian Centre early afternoon as my daughter has a comp there.. Wont be out long, wont be going home for my muddies either. If it is too bad, I just wont bother. As I will be by myself, I wont be going to look for any trouble...
I will PM you my mobile number if you have time Sunday, happy to have some company.
PS. I hate mud.

Nick

zookifreak

Hey Nick,

Didn't see this 'till after I messaged you. I'll go and have a look, if it's no good, we'll find something else. Don't wanna get too adventurous just yet. Takin a couple of vid cams up with us, so might get some good footage for funniest home videos hehe. I'm lovin the mud, although, got a bit hairy last weekend on a steep downhill after it started raining once I got to the top!

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Blue Range Road - Bunyip State Forest

Hi Zookifreak,
The reply may be a bit late, but I am the one that put the track up on the site. I have a pretty much stock 96 NJ Pajero LWB. Found this track when doing some exploring around the area. The Pajero managed it pretty easily, although some of the areas did require a pretty decent run up to keep momentum. Some of the mud areas, although not too deep are rutted and extend over 50 metres +. They are very slippery. Not too familiar with your vehicle, but anyone with some experience should manage this one no real problems. Hope this helps. ( Will be back up there in a couple of days / week and will take some pics and upload )

Davidman

zookifreak

Hey David,

I went up there weekend before last and got through what I thought was the whole track pretty easy. It wasn't until Nick told me that I missed out on the good bit that I thought I'd done pretty well:D. I made it down to bunyip something track, turned up there, then backed out haha, and turned around. Thought I better wait til I've got some company before I get too adventurous