Blue rag range track for newbie?

Did it last year all the way to the river and back earlier this year in my Ranger. It really isn't very hard at all if you have done any 4wding before. Track is narrow in places and wide in others. Couple of little water holes along the way that are roughly half way up your tyres if there is water in them. Agree with the little climb getting off the main road to the track proper being the most difficult part.

From the road to the trig point is mostly rocky so is not too slippery even if a little wet. From the trig point towards the river is rocky as well until about 2/3rds of the way along when you start the steeper part of the decent down to the river which is clay based. It would be pretty slippery after some rain and if for some reason you were towing a camper trailer or similar could see you possibly needed to winch if wet as it is a little steep and hard clay. If dry you wouldn't have any problems I wouldn't think.

About enough room for 2 or 3 setups on either side of the river with the better ones on the far side. Would be cold down there as it is in a tight valley that doesn't see much sun. Would be a ripper on a hot day though with the river there to swim in.

Airing down to around 25 or a little lower if you had standard tyres on would see you have no problems at all. No real clearance issues so standard height would be fine as long as you chose your line at a couple of the bit that get a little rockier and took it slow.
Thanks Chris, havent got a winch yet so probably better to wait till it is dry completely. But who knows about the weather especially in Victoria. I have done light 4wd ing on sandy beach track on the aire river there. I have Tred recovery track pads and bought a high lift jack recently. Recovery gear is coming.

Bomber2012

Did it last year all the way to the river and back earlier this year in my Ranger. It really isn't very hard at all if you have done any 4wding before. Track is narrow in places and wide in others. Couple of little water holes along the way that are roughly half way up your tyres if there is water in them. Agree with the little climb getting off the main road to the track proper being the most difficult part.

From the road to the trig point is mostly rocky so is not too slippery even if a little wet. From the trig point towards the river is rocky as well until about 2/3rds of the way along when you start the steeper part of the decent down to the river which is clay based. It would be pretty slippery after some rain and if for some reason you were towing a camper trailer or similar could see you possibly needed to winch if wet as it is a little steep and hard clay. If dry you wouldn't have any problems I wouldn't think.

About enough room for 2 or 3 setups on either side of the river with the better ones on the far side. Would be cold down there as it is in a tight valley that doesn't see much sun. Would be a ripper on a hot day though with the river there to swim in.

Airing down to around 25 or a little lower if you had standard tyres on would see you have no problems at all. No real clearance issues so standard height would be fine as long as you chose your line at a couple of the bit that get a little rockier and took it slow.
Good luck turning a camper trailer around down near the river .