Biting the bullet

ghumphreys

Have finally bit the bullet and am getting my 80 series turboed next week thanks for all your comments and opions.

ghumphreys

Let me know how u go with it and $ value
will keep you all up to date using a guy in wauchope who came highly recommended.
He reckons i should be able to get upto 150-160nm torque after only recomending 9lb boost. I am getting a DENCO system fitted quote was for $3790 fitted with 3" exhaust system included. Also getting couple of other things done at same time will keep everybody informed.

Split pin

Would be interested with how it all goes. My young bloke wants to fit a denco turbo set up to his patrol so would be very interested in how yours goes.

croozza

Would be interested with how it all goes. My young bloke wants to fit a denco turbo set up to his patrol so would be very interested in how yours goes.

The Denco system is a very good one, but you need to get the fuel pump done to cope with the extra demand. You would then need to add about another grand.

ghumphreys

The Denco system is a very good one, but you need to get the fuel pump done to cope with the extra demand. You would then need to add about another grand.

Had the pump done only about 15000km ago mecahnic said should be good but will make decision when he fits system and tunes.

croozza

Had the pump done only about 15000km ago mecahnic said should be good but will make decision when he fits system and tunes.

but it would not have been set up for the turbo, as the pump will need adnoids put onto it so that it will work in conjunction with the turbo, otherwise you will not be getting the best out of the turbo, instead of getting around 30% more power you might only get 10% max.