Birds

cam04

Any clues on how to capture a powerful owl doing laps 30 ft above a camp fire in complete darkness? It looked awesome but capturing it would require better equipment and skills than I possess I think.

Toyasaurus

70-200mm f2.8 lens and a good powerful flash would be a good start.
You would still only get the exposed side, might look a little weird.

barcher

King Crimson

OI000059.JPG

Albynsw

Saw something really cool yesterday
We have some guinea fowl that free range and I watched a wedge tail eagle that was sitting in the tree swoop down and take one
No chance for pics but very impressive just the same
There is a couple of Grey Goshawks that I have seen taking our chickens in a similar fashion

barcher

We have some guinea fowl that free range and I watched a wedge tail eagle that was sitting in the tree swoop down and take one
There is a couple of Grey Goshawks that I have seen taking our chickens in a similar fashion
Sounds like a dangerous place for poultry, no wonder the Turkey goes to the pub with you.

Corndoggy

Was in a carpark today with the rear door of the car up. Over my head flew a cockatoo and landed in the middle of the car. Popped my head up and asked him what he was doing. It walked over to the edge of the door and propped there and started talking to me in cocky language. Didnt like me trying to touch him but didn't fly away. He said what he had to say, bobbed his head up and down a few times and flew off. Woman beside me had a good laugh.

Albynsw

Sounds like a dangerous place for poultry, no wonder the Turkey goes to the pub with you.
Hahaha, you remember Tom the Turkey?
I had to give Tom away as when he reached sexual maturity he wanted to fight me all the time for the spot of top dog in the family :(

I like to think of myself as the head alpha male in the family but apparently I am just the biggest Turkey :oops:

cam04

I have a deep disdain for guinea fowl from childhood experience with the noisy bastards of things. You have no idea how amused I am with your tale. Go the wedgies!