Birds

barcher

Juvenile Crimson Rosella mate.

Col.
There is a new hybrid that I read about that's appearing around the Gundagai, Wagga and Albury area, thought I may have had one of those. After a bit of research a juvenile crimson it is. Just strange that there are no "adult" crimsons near here. Maybe the young ones come to the lowlands.

Spooner

Got some pics of these today. not a Crimson Rosella but obviously a sub species, and yet to be given a name.
They are super photo's love em :)
Yes its a baby Crimson , the colour is awesome Camo for them on the ground.
We have lots around here at home , they are Beautiful :)
In the last photo is a Lorikeet on the right , In summer the bird bath is like a active airport , One in , One out ;)
DSC_0029.jpeg

DSC_0006.jpeg

Spooner

We have been studying through observation our magpie family for the last 12 months now .
7 of them . They are all unique and we have names for all of them.
Crook Foot & Drop Wing ( the two males )
Mum ( dominant female) , One Feather , Sookie and Pecker Head
Baby (Last years baby ).
They have such complex social lives that I can't keep up with it.
And now we have two new babies. ( Bill & Ben for the moment )
It's really been a war zone the last three months with them bashing each other up , and I mean full on , not playing , stacks on the mill 5 on 1 and trying to kill each other . All of them are a bit battle scared .
Now they are settling down a lot , and the ones that were getting bashed are feeding the babies ?
We lost one , Pecker Head , she either moved on but I think they killed her as their attacks on each other are pretty severe to the max.
Broken up many a full on bashing down the back of the block.
Now it's all happy days and they play together ?
They lay down , lock feet and roll around a few times and then pull on each other's tail feathers .
We find it very interesting , they are very smart birds , they can pick me from a mile away , they know my car as well as soon as I turn up at home.
Here is some pics of them nice gentle playing .
But when they are not playing nice , it's quite ugly really.

5B93EEA3-F662-4AFB-8390-FD5464F3BA75_1_201_a.jpeg

3910B9C1-C9B1-431A-9059-79C9AF344671_1_201_a.jpeg

3501BF2B-F9FB-4CD9-9F41-935116FD53CD_1_201_a.jpeg

6C9AD66F-EAF2-427B-85EF-6E7D60AB00DE_1_201_a.jpeg

49692A7D-65A4-4DFB-965E-2FF8ECD0A8D5_1_201_a.jpeg

1EF94BE9-4C27-4639-8674-E0974BA59712_1_201_a.jpeg

Albynsw

Pretty cool eh Rick, I had a handraised one about 8 years ago and he used to love lying on his back on my lap and wrestling with my hand.
He was free to come into the house or roam as he liked. One day he just never came back so don’t know what happened to him.
They sure have a lot of character

Spooner

Pretty cool eh Rick, I had a handraised one about 8 years ago and he used to love lying on his back on my lap and wrestling with my hand.
He was free to come into the house or roam as he liked. One day he just never came back so don’t know what happened to him.
They sure have a lot of character
They sure do Alby ,
And each own an individual with their own traits and manners.
One Feather loves to sit on my knee when I'm reading the paper outside , just to get attention ( like any female ) lol
I never touch them with my hands .
We keep the sliding door closed as there are a couple that would quite happily walk into the house If we let them .
The cat would like that too , but probably come out second best in a fight as she is a pussy .

Spooner

It is funny to watch the Magpies teaching the babies to have a bath , just like any normal human parent does .
Show by example and get in there with them , they only need to be shown once how to do it .

DSC_0177.jpeg

You are not a Duck ! Toughen up !

DSC_0183.jpeg

Flap your wings like this OK.

DSC_0191.jpeg

Happy Days , Is good fun Eh :)

DSC_0196.jpeg

Test