Birds

Spooner

Ive been trying to get a good Wedgie Eagle shot , there are shitloads around here , but it never happens right lol.
Work in progress , maybe one day :)

Spooner

A couple of resident to the area Kookaburras we have , they are pretty smart , not often maybe every 2 or 3 weeks if they are hungry they will make a weird sound to get your attention . You look around and they are sitting right in a tree close to you . We put a bit of fresh mince out and they love it. Then off they go and you won't see them again for a few weeks
Kooka 10.jpeg

Kooka 11.jpeg

Kooka 12.jpeg

Albynsw

When my son was about 8 he had a pet green tree frog he kept in his bedroom. Every week or so he would take it outside to get a bit of natural sunlight so was sitting in the backyard with it on his lap.
I heard a scream, crying and all this commotion so ran out see what was wrong. A kookaburra had swooped down and pinched it off him and you could see him up in the tree belting it on the branch before swallowing it. :oops:

Tink

When my son was about 8 he had a pet green tree frog he kept in his bedroom. Every week or so he would take it outside to get a bit of natural sunlight so was sitting in the backyard with it on his lap.
I heard a scream, crying and all this commotion so ran out see what was wrong. A kookaburra had swooped down and pinched it off him and you could see him up in the tree belting it on the branch before swallowing it. :oops:
Sorry but that cracked me up. I know it shouldn’t have but it was funny to somebody not emotionally involved.
Tink

Albynsw

Same son 10 years on rescued one that was hit by a car

98E02A7C-61A2-42EC-90AF-FF6E80988EBA.jpeg

He wasn’t hurt, just had a bit of shock and flew off an hour or so later, that is Tom the turkey lurking in the background still only young.

Spooner

That would have been very distressing at the time mate.
Nature can seem a bit cruel at times eh ?

Test