Change background image

Birds

Discussion in 'Photography' started by 14FNX, Apr 16, 2016.

1. 14FNX

14FNX Member

Hi all.
    Just a couple pf pics from my backyard. Corellas1.jpg Corellas2.jpg

2. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Those Corellas are exerting their presence over the poor little Rainbow Lorikeets.
    Looks nice and lush in your garden.

Just checked Marsden way hey ?
    I'll be at my brothers at Loganlea from next Tues night for a couple of weeks, should catch up !!
    We shop Coles Marsden quite a bit.

It's very hard to capture birds with their movement, especially with any camera less than DSLR.
    What camera did you use for those shots ?

Here's a few of the best I have EVER got, with my Fujifilm 30x bridge camera, Galahs at Purnie Bore waterhole July last year, and a few around Mt Dare same trip . . .

DSCF5528a.jpg DSCF5530a.jpg DSCF5562a.jpg DSCF5567a.jpg DSCF5568a.jpg

Love the 30x manual zoom (good for wildlife) and manual settings on the Fuji HS10, handy on some trips over the phone or P&S Olympus TG1.

3. 14FNX

14FNX Member

Hi Les

Just got back from Coles. I used Nikon D7000 with a Sigma 400mm lens. The lens is okay for stationary objects and on a tripod, but too slow for action and it loses a lot of light. I had it hand held at 1/125sec and 5.6f to try and let in more light.. I would have been better using a smaller, faster lens and then cropping the result. The camera is great. I have a D7200 as well. But it is the lenses that let me down. I'm saving up for a good Nikon lens. Very expensive though.

4. 14FNX

14FNX Member

This is another shot from my back yard Cockatoo and Poinciana David Nicholson david.phoenix50@gmail.com.jpg

5. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

IMG_0092.JPG
    Not the best pic but a Yellow tail black cockatoo ,his, or her mate was two trees over but flew off before i could get a shot.
    Taken on the Calidonia river track, Vic HC, Jan 2016

Spooner likes this.
  6. 14FNX

14FNX Member

Yellow tailed black cockatoo near Dayboro. Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo.jpg

Spooner and 80lover96gxl like this.
  7. 14FNX

14FNX Member

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Great Photo's , We love birds but its so hard to get a good shot when you are driving along and stop , they are gone. We saw over 25 Lyrebirds the other weekend on the track in front of us in a 30klm stretch. . They run off and are gone in a flash before you can do anything.
    Guess I will just have to stick to bats :) IMGP4589.jpg IMGP4696.jpg

9. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Lol, bats 'hang around' I guess :D

Spooner likes this.
  10. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Sometimes your in the right light with the lorikeets (usually sun) and the colors are truelly stunning, they look good anytime, but if you know what i mean there special...

Spooner likes this.
  11. Spooner

No Birds to photo today , just something a bit slower , but very cool though :) IMGP5258.jpg

80lover96gxl and Swaggie like this.
  12. greysrigging

greysrigging Well-Known Member

1915178_104137906269654_6895470_n.jpg I hate these bastards ! !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    14FNX and Spooner like this.
  13. greysrigging

greysrigging Well-Known Member

20140320_142800.jpg Even this seagull thought itself was plover !!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    14FNX likes this.
  14. Spooner

Those Plover are tuff customers . At one of my tip off sites there is a family of them and one of them will stand his ground in front on my semi , shaping up.
    I drive around it and its still standing in the same spot calling me a pussy :)

14FNX likes this.
  15. Spooner

We saw the biggest Peregrine Falcon I've ever seen , up at Wombat a couple of weeks ago , Its was big and fat , sat and stared then took off before I could get my camera out , so this will have to do in the interim :( Not having much luck
    IMAG0184.jpg

16. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

FB_IMG_1464611985444.jpg Not one of mine, just thought it is an amazing photo.

17. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

This photo of a "Game Bird" commonly known as a Magpie was taken in my back yard, whilst it looked like it was on it's last day on earth.
    Azzas Cats & Birds 006.jpg

Spooner likes this.
  18. Spooner

I like Magpies , My Breakfast at Marysville Buddy .
    IMG_0173.jpg

19. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

We had a hand raised pet Magpie that liked drinking my beer and having a wrestle
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

20. Spooner

Super cool mate :)