Bindaree Hut Track

Squeeker

Hi,

Has anybody done the Mansfeild to Bindaree Hut track, (GPS 37/10'/27 S, 146/33'/13 E). If so, is it accessable with a basic 6x4 beefed up camper trailer.

Awating your replies. :)

Last edited:

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Squeeker
I was up there on the weekend. Its quite a good dirt road although allow lots of time up there if you have it. We went to: Craigs, Bluff and Howqua Gap huts, Bindaree Falls, Sheepyard Flat, Mt Sterling. We took the off-road tracks, ie. 16 mile Jeep Tk, Corn Hill Logging Tk, The Monument Tk. :)
Didn't see any people towing through the bush, plenty at the main camping spots from Sheepyard Flat right around Brocks Rd though. Nice spot to drive and just look at the scenery. You could enter via Mansfield towards Mt Buller, then turn off towards Mt Sterling.
Nick

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Squeeker

When were you heading up there? A few of us from another forum will be over at Craig's Hut/Mt Speculation area on Sat 19 and Sun 20th April.

Nick

Mad_4x4er

yer mate went there about 6 year ago in a car going in telephone box junction howqua gap circuit rd and down bindaree rd and have a look at the falls

dickyknee62

checkout rooftop maps, mansfield-mt howitt adventure map and bush huts around mansfield.
i have found these very helpful.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Squeeker
I was up there on the weekend. Its quite a good dirt road although allow lots of time up there if you have it. We went to: Craigs, Bluff and Howqua Gap huts, Bindaree Falls, Sheepyard Flat, Mt Sterling. We took the off-road tracks, ie. 16 mile Jeep Tk, Corn Hill Logging Tk, The Monument Tk. :)
Didn't see any people towing through the bush, plenty at the main camping spots from Sheepyard Flat right around Brocks Rd though. Nice spot to drive and just look at the scenery. You could enter via Mansfield towards Mt Buller, then turn off towards Mt Sterling.
Nick

Aint that corn hill logging track just a treat. Well it was 12months ago in the wet. We had a fallen Ash tree 1/2 way up and a chainsaw with a blunt chain. No fun at all.