BillyGoat app project reveal

boobook

Dragging up an old thread I know but I have been on the hunt for new / different map apps and Billy Goat came up in the search.

I notice 2 things.

1)If you go over this thread, "Ryan Hampton" disappeared as soon as he was called out on being Li from Mud Maps by Bendman and others.
2)Despite saying he bought the business, and Li has nothing to do with it now, I notice he has given up on "Ryan" and "Li" is now "Lee" on the Billygoat support page. http://help.billygoatapp.com.au/support/solutions/articles/44001308711-managing-your-subscription

Leopards never change their spots I guess.

Anyone considering Billygoat maps, beware. You'll likely never see a working product or your money again.

cam04

I helped with the initial beta testing on mud maps for Mr Li Xa a long time ago via another 4wd forum on the proviso we got a copy of the app. That all went south as you can imagine.
I got turned around between Benarkin and Crows nest numerous times over the past couple of days following the Hema 4wd app. It appears the tracks are inaccurately drawn and the datum has not been updated for the particular raster available for that area as there is approx 200m difference between the track and actual location. The good old OSM based Maps.me app stepped up and was very accurate on forestry tracks. It is boring to look at, but has always impressed me with its accuracy.

rob_macca67

I helped with the initial beta testing on mud maps for Mr Li Xa a long time ago via another 4wd forum on the proviso we got a copy of the app. That all went south as you can imagine.
I got turned around between Benarkin and Crows nest numerous times over the past couple of days following the Hema 4wd app. It appears the tracks are inaccurately drawn and the datum has not been updated for the particular raster available for that area as there is approx 200m difference between the track and actual location. The good old OSM based Maps.me app stepped up and was very accurate on forestry tracks. It is boring to look at, but has always impressed me with its accuracy.

There's a few other apps that are similar and obviously the same maps - PocketEarth; Mapout...

What about the App "Newtracs"? seems Aussie based ??

Jackbyo

I was just looking for a new mapping app and saw billygoat... thought I'd google a quick review before trying it out.

This thread has been a real ride