BFG KM2s life??

stackyj

Hi all,
Looking at BFG KM2s. I know the older style muddy had a good life range, some getting to 80,000kms with disiplined tyre care. Whats the go with these new ones on the black top? Heard they are great off road, but am i only going to get a 40,000kms range out of em?

PAJ

Hi all,
Looking at BFG KM2s. I know the older style muddy had a good life range, some getting to 80,000kms with disiplined tyre care. Whats the go with these new ones on the black top? Heard they are great off road, but am i only going to get a 40,000kms range out of em?

Better off to go for the Mickey T's or Maxxis Treps, that's my 2c I've used the Claws in 35's driven them on road, toured and had them down to 8psi in the rough stuff on the PAJ I love them as an all rounder going to try the trep radials next.... and especially on a toyota you will need all the traction you can get :D:p;)

But I think I told you this already...:D

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
I reckon the BFG's are the go. The KM 2's are still a little new and not to many people would have gone through sets yet. Traction wise, they'll work better than MTZ's. ( yep, got the flame suit on) And not as noisy. Good touring tyre.

stackyj

Better off to go for the Mickey T's or Maxxis Treps, that's my 2c I've used the Claws in 35's driven them on road, toured and had them down to 8psi in the rough stuff on the PAJ I love them as an all rounder going to try the trep radials next.... and especially on a toyota you will need all the traction you can get :D:p;)

But I think I told you this already...:D

Hahahahaha yeah lol, gotta laugh, bloody toyota Vs nissan eh, when will it end lol.

8UFF35T

I reckon the BFG's are the go. The KM 2's are still a little new and not to many people would have gone through sets yet. Traction wise, they'll work better than MTZ's. ( yep, got the flame suit on) And not as noisy. Good touring tyre.

+1

It's a much better tyre than MTZ's for sure (comming from experaince). A few of my bro's got 95,000km out of them and still a bit of tread left.

They bought another set 2weeks ago and we can't fault it at all, it's a terrific tyre for its price.

Jeeptheone

Had my set on for the last 12 odd months and have done close to 20000km on them for both extensive road use and at least offroad 1 to 2 times a month. They are currently sitting around the 80% worn in my opinion.

Magic offroad as well and quiet on the hwy.

JTO

stackyj

Um I drive a Pajero that would put most cruisers and Toyotas to shame :eek:

That's awesome we got a pajero shorty we are bout to start doing up, as for Nissan vs toyota hounestly I only give it to the nissans cause I drive a Toyota, have nothing against them. But later model 4x4s in Australia, I'd nearly give anything a go!!

stackyj

Had my set on for the last 12 odd months and have done close to 20000km on them for both extensive road use and at least offroad 1 to 2 times a month. They are currently sitting around the 80% worn in my opinion.

Magic offroad as well and quiet on the hwy.

JTO

So per capiter. Ur looking at a 100,000km life?? That's awesome!! Thanks
mate I'll be down to the tyre shop this week, also going to sell my 265/16/70 BFG AT with rims at 60% tread if Anyones interested.

PAJ

See Pic Frosty :rolleyes: It's not really that good :D

Attachments

• ELLIS TRK.jpg
    ELLIS TRK.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 128

stackyj

Well, Bring it out!! Let's have a look??:rolleyes:

I'll put before and after photos on here when i work out how to put one photo on here lol, it's my partners late brothers car left to her, needs and new engine and steering colomn but other than that it's in good Nick

andyjim243

+1

It's a much better tyre than MTZ's for sure (comming from experaince). A few of my bro's got 95,000km out of them and still a bit of tread left.

They bought another set 2weeks ago and we can't fault it at all, it's a terrific tyre for its price.

I'm with ya there,

and Ryan's Paj is about the only Paj that would take on a Nissan or Tojo.It's off it's head,just like the driver......:cool:

stackyj

I'm with ya there,

and Ryan's Paj is about the only Paj that would take on a Nissan or Tojo.It's off it's head,just like the driver......:cool:[/
hahaha Ryan??? Yeah I think I know who u r talking about. If it's the same Ryan I work with him, the fact u say he is off his head makes it almost certain it's him lol.

PAJ

hahaha Ryan??? Yeah I think I know who u r talking about. If it's the same Ryan I work with him, the fact u say he is off his head makes it almost certain it's him lol.

Mummies Little Warrior strikes again :D

And my name is Ronaldo Rodreiguez the Columbian Drug Lord :rolleyes:

ENRGYZ

Just want to know if the KM2 will go good on my Nav stock hight thinking of 265/75 any one tried bigger on a D40 stocker?