BEWARE: of who you buy from.

dangermouse

Hi all,

I bought a product from a company in Sydney who also advertise in a very popular 4wd mag,this product was unsatisfactory to say the least .I returned the it and they didn't and still do not want anything to do with me,therefore I have to take them to court but at this point I think my $1200 is gone.
Also when I reported them to Dpt of Fair Trade I discovered the company has 150+ pending cases against it and when I googled their name there is a Dpt of Fair Trade warning about them.
To make things worse their ad in the mag has changed but they are still selling,do your research before handing over your money,I think In future I will stick with larger retailers who will guarantee their products instead of looking for that bargain.
Good Luck.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Jeez, I know about the policies of forums about naming and shaming, and rightly so in many cases, but sometimes it's in the interests of members to have a heads up, especially when such a company seems to be doing the wrong thing.
Lack of contact re issues, and 150 + cases pending seems like a pattern.

Is a news / warning link permissable ?

I googled > fair trading warning 4wd wheel drive and in the first 2 links found the warning (2nd one works) on the NSW Fair Trading website.

Threads mentions the 4WD mag name, and the fact 'He sells products including solar panels, generators, spas, saunas and camping and caravan equipment.'

Fair Trading also say 'Fair Trading has received 240 complaints and 55 enquiries about Mr Sekuloski and his companies since 2009, including 151 complaints this year.'

Another thing mentioned is they have been taken to court for selling unapproved electrical items on ebay, 'none of the items carried approval markings, or a Certificate of Approval showing they complied with Australian Standards' so potentially some products may be quite dangerous to use.

PJR NSW

Banned
Jeez, I know about the policies of forums about naming and shaming, and rightly so in many cases, but sometimes it's in the interests of members to have a heads up, especially when such a company seems to be doing the wrong thing.
Lack of contact re issues, and 150 + cases pending seems like a pattern.

I agree.

Maybe a link to a report or warning by fair trading, ASIC or any official Government agency would be okay. Rather than just an irate, one off, customer.

Phil

PJR NSW

Banned
If there are other complaints and this can be proven through a repeatable body why can't the name be mentioned?

Deleted . . . .

OOPS. Just reading your post again I think that you may have been saying the same thing that I said earlier.

Phil

Last edited:

goldrush

We have had threats of legal action against the site in the past. Do you really want to put the site at risk? By all means post up the link to the Fair Trading website but do NOT mention the names on here.

AussieBrent......Please remove your post as I really don't think it is worth risking this site. Every time someone threatens to sue the site it costs money to get legal advice, etc, and this money comes directly from Patriot's own pocket. Let's try to save him the money and hassles.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nicely edited, onya Brent and Swaggie.
Easy enough for anyone to find the info with the link and google, that's the main thing.

julelife4x4

Nicely edited, onya Brent and Swaggie.
Easy enough for anyone to find the info with the link and google, that's the main thing.

2nd that - Overall just a timely reminder the internet's a big place, jump on the phone and talk to them if they don't give you the time of day then that's what you show them back and go somewhere who wont stuff you around.

Thanks for the post

muc the truck

Hi all,

I bought a product from a company in Sydney who also advertise in a very popular 4wd mag,this product was unsatisfactory to say the least .I returned the it and they didn't and still do not want anything to do with me,therefore I have to take them to court but at this point I think my $1200 is gone.
Also when I reported them to Dpt of Fair Trade I discovered the company has 150+ pending cases against it and when I googled their name there is a Dpt of Fair Trade warning about them.
To make things worse their ad in the mag has changed but they are still selling,do your research before handing over your money,I think In future I will stick with larger retailers who will guarantee their products instead of looking for that bargain.
Good Luck.

What is the point of this when NO Details are included. For other readers at least you could do is save them from the same trap your in.

muc the truck

I Was Under The Impression That Any Information Freely Available On Other Web Sites Can Not Lead To Litigation So Why Protect The Crims In Fear OF Nothing.

TheLocksmith

Always buy with visa! Also go with word of mouth! And if you ever get sued, counter claim!

If you have a good cause to complain and tell your point of view, its not slander!

At the end of the day you can voice it better when they bite back and You can't get blood out of a stone. :)

As it is said

Come Get Some - Sent from my iPhone

goldrush

Always buy with visa! Also go with word of mouth! And if you ever get sued, counter claim!

If you have a good cause to complain and tell your point of view, its not slander!

At the end of the day you can voice it better when they bite back and You can't get blood out of a stone. :)

As it is said

Come Get Some - Sent from my iPhone

The problem is that the site gets sued not the individual. If you're comfortable putting the site at risk and costing James money then go for it. Don't say it won't happen because it has happened in the past.

Patriot

Administrator
Public warning - George Sekuloski and Bulk Imports & Exports - NSW Fair Trading

Hey guys,

Thanks for thinking of 4x4earth, and yes, sadly I am very well versed in threats of defamation and slander. Happy for this one to be published though.

It is a fine line about what is and isn't acceptable and the EXCITING thing is that I am personal liable for every single post that is put on 4x4earth :) Hooray!

The important thing to remember is to read this before buying from George Sekulski and I am going 4 wheel driving this weekend! Hooray! Bring on the snow!

James