Best way into Dalhousie Springs from Oodnadatta !!

junior613

4x4 Earth Contributer
Has anyone just travelled from Dalhousie Springs to Oodnadatta ? Is the PAR 8 from Pedirka still closed ? Road conditions and roads used would be helpful ? Heading that way hopefully in a few weeks......

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
I believe the PAR past Dalhousie ruins is closed for some time to come due to the flood damage.
Happens a lot.

These are the 2 main pages ot look for, the main outback roads conditions for SA, and the special notices.

https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads/outback_road_warnings/special_notices

If you can get to it (and haven't been there yet), the old Dalhousie ruins are worth a drive if the road is open down south to that and out north again. Only 8km each way from the junction, and nice lookout over Dalhousie Springs proper too on the way.
Usually the flood damage happens a bit further south of the ruins.

So yeah Ood top Dalhousie via Bloods Ck.
Bonus is you can drop by Eringa Waterhole for a look, see the old Kidman stockyard and ruins, the Bloods Ck old windmill and tank, Bloods Ck ruins.

discomatt

Be sure to be well covered with mozzie deterrent and clothing at Delhousie Springs, the biggest and hungriest blood sucks I have ever encountered

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Be sure to be well covered with mozzie deterrent and clothing at Delhousie Springs, the biggest and hungriest blood sucks I have ever encountered

Why I've only ever camped there once.
Bad enough you can't have a small comfort fire, the smoke might have helped somewhat.

Maybe junior is just visiting for a swim, about the only reason I'd have to visit on the way through.