Best UHF Fitting - Geelong?

TBJ

Hi, I'm wanting to get a uhf installed but I'm not comfortable with messing with the electrics on my Lux, so where would you guys suggest around Geelong? I would like it to be installed properly and to a high standard, the UHF I have my heart set on is a GME XRS-330C Super Compact, and I want to install it under the dash and have it run through an RJ45 Lightforce Factory Style Switch in the center console and I want a 5 - 6.5dB antenna still haven't decided whether to get either the RFi CDQ5000 or the GME 4705 so any info on either would be good.
thanks

Last edited:

dno67

I would like it, sounds a whole lot better. Iol
Have a google for uhf sales in geelong, "lenday" comes up with good reviews and sells GME.
Most retailers will be able to install, explane exactly how you would like the job done and ask to see pictures of there past installs in the same or similar vehicle.

TBJ

I would like it, sounds a whole lot better. Iol
Have a google for uhf sales in geelong, "lenday" comes up with good reviews and sells GME.
Most retailers will be able to install, explane exactly how you would like the job done and ask to see pictures of there past installs in the same or similar vehicle.
this is true, I actually rang them up for a quote and seemed good, just wondering if anyone here had good first hand experience with them or someone else in Geelong

Hoyks

+1 on Swaggies antenna, had one for years and couldn't kill it. I have a bigger one now, but only because it lets me know when the roof rack is likely to hit.

As for the radio, they are so compact and easy to install now its ridiculous. If you can tell black from red and find the battery, then you can install a UHF.