Best uhf aerial

Croozer

OK so I'm updating my CB same unit but 80 channel as its time, my old one has played up a bit for a while.
What are everyone's recommendations for the best all round aerial?

I have RFI just around the corner from me here.

frosty

All you need is a couple of tin cans and some string. Your GU does go much further does it??

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Have you tried these, I hear they are good.:D

larger-logo.png@2x.jpg

Sorry Croozer, I must get serious.:eek:
I use an RFI and it works well and gives me good distance.

peterfermtech

Bought a GME AE4705 in a package thinking that it was similar to the RFI CD5000.:eek: It's more of a baseball bat than a broomstick and too long. Mounted on the bull bar of the new MU-X it is 2.35 m which means I would be knocking out just about every shopping centre height sign. Just ordered a RFI CDQ5000 with spare cd34 whip which will match with the RFI 2195 mobile antenna. Both have worked well on the d-max.

regards

peejaycruiser

I'm using one from ebay and it's pretty good. From Kilpatrick Communications, got the elevated feed without the base spring because it was all I could afford at the time I think it was $47 with postage. Was very happy with the results, have ordered the same antenna with the base spring just got to get around to fitting it.

Swaggie

Does that mean we finaly have to listen to what you have to say on trips from now on.. :p:p;)

I'm a BIG RFI fan mysel, get the 3dbi and 6.5dbi antenna kit... Prestige Communications stock them...

hiluxdriver

Are you looking for the most popular, or the best? If looking for the best wouldn't we need to hear from a tech head that can explain why they are the best? I have a CH5T (what ever that means) and it does the job. Is it the best? I doubt it, but as I said, it does the job.

billolga

Does that mean we finaly have to listen to what you have to say on trips from now on.. :p:p;)

I'm a BIG RFI fan mysel, get the 3dbi and 6.5dbi antenna kit... Prestige Communications stock them...

Agree with Swaggies on this one.

Croozer

Thanks guys! I think I will pop around the corner to RFI and talk to the boys and see what kind of a deal I can get out the back door of the factory.
Yes Wayne Im on the road again after a short stint with those bloody points!!!