Change background image

Best time to camp at Robe

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by ivan sutrisno, Aug 1, 2018.

1. ivan sutrisno

ivan sutrisno Member

we ve been camping on the aire river campground almost every summer for the last 4 years so now i am planning to go to another possible exciting place with the family plus doing a little beach 4wd.

Little dip cons. Park sounds and seems like a good place to visit and camp. When is the best time to go there ? (Water not so cold for the kids) Are the beach safe for kids? We re looking for somewhere we can drive a bit on the beach and park and kids can play around the water.
    Thank you

2. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Yeah, given my experience with Robe, you might strike 4 good days weather between Christmas and New Year ;)

ivan sutrisno and callmejoe like this.
  3. allanmac

allanmac 4x4 Earth Contributer

Anytime out of school holidays, February is great but as you have kids I guess you are locked into the holiday period so good luck getting a campsite during that time.

ivan sutrisno likes this.
  4. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

There is positives to camping at robe in all months, winter months are great for no crowds, a good camp fire and challenging beach driving.
    Summer months are great because its generally 10ÂșC cooler than Adelaide and a great respite from heat but can get super busy especially around holidays/long weekends. Beaches are generally at there best (easiest) for driving between say Nov and March.

ivan sutrisno and 80lover96gxl like this.
  5. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

What Luke said.
    I will add the beaches down thru little dip and beachport cons park can be pretty trecherous swimming wise most times of the year.

Long beach at robe and nora carina cove would be the safest for young kids.

Spooner and ivan sutrisno like this.
  6. ivan sutrisno

ivan sutrisno Member

Thanks guys it is certainly on the planner. I cant find any information in regards of campsite booking requirement for little dip conservation park at SA park website, do we have to book in advance or just head there and try your luck? If thats the case might just book a site at private caravan park. Sea vu looks good

7. ivan sutrisno

ivan sutrisno Member

Thank you for the kids friendly info. Thats what i am after, safe place for kids where waves are not too big and no dangerous current

8. ROXY

ROXY Active Member

Hey Ivan. When we went to Robe years ago when the kids were much younger we stayed at the Big 4caravan park. Parked the car outside the park and just did day trips from there. The beach access ramp was about 500 mts from the park. Great spot for kids. I found my self grabbing a coffee and driving onto the beach every morning before everyone else woke up just watching either people fishing or surfing. Was a beautiful spot that one day I will go there again. Kids pool and playground etc was fantastic at the caravan park. Well worth staying there. Hope you enjoy it.
    Cheers Craig

ivan sutrisno likes this.
  9. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

It looked pretty damn nice at Beachport last time I was there. The caravan park is right on the water and a walk to town. It did look a bit busy though as it was a January. Overall, a really beautiful little town. You can pick up a 4x4 mud map at the tourist info place that covers pretty much the whole area from way down south to north near Robe.

ivan sutrisno and 80lover96gxl like this.
  10. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

You can also download the Wattle Ranges 4wd club map of Canunda , beachport and little dip cons park feom their website which covers pretty much everything and also has some good info on the areas.

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I agree with Brian,
    I would not send my kids swimming in there around Little Dip now matter how nice & peaceful it looks , no flags , no rescue hope.
    Stick to where there are Flags :)
    IMGP8909.JPG

12. ivan sutrisno

ivan sutrisno Member

Thanks guys will take note on safe beach for kids much appreciated