Best Flares?

rockydog

Hi everyone,
Im looking at putting some flares on my 03 Hilux, just wondering which flares are best TJM or ARB? I went to ARB today and they told me theres fit better than TJM yet most people seem to go for TJM.
Im after the fibreglass sr5 style flares.

Cheers,
Matt

frosty

Go to Bunnings and get roll of garden edging. Cheap as too. Won't break like fiberglass.

Do ya want it to look flash or just do the job???

jack48

Go to Bunnings and get roll of garden edging. Cheap as too. Won't break like fiberglass.

Do ya want it to look flash or just do the job???

Just fitted garden edging to Tonkadore, 75 ml, 10 metres cost $25 so got some left over and was easy to fit

ruffy01

I found some fairly heavy duty flares in various sizes & profiles at Clark Rubber.
Can't remember the prices. Definitely cheaper than TJM or ARB but probably dearer than garden edging :D
It's sold by the metre also.

jack48

I found some fairly heavy duty flares in various sizes & profiles at Clark Rubber.
Can't remember the prices. Definitely cheaper than TJM or ARB but probably dearer than garden edging :D
It's sold by the metre also.

Clark rubber flares are bout $25 to $30 per metre depending on width

Plastered

Dont spend to much as i have had to sikaflex all mine on as every time i go near a tree or in a deep rutt they use to start coming off with only a slight touch and they have a lot of scratches aswell, and the nissan ones are a rip off

jack48

Hey Jack, how did you go getting this done? Does it look how you wanted it to?

Easy to fit, cut to length and screw on, and at the cost doesn't matter if they fall off LOL

They serve the purpose of covering the tyres to keep it legal, the 75ml was just right

Last edited:

frosty

Easy to fit, cut to length and screw on, and at the cost doesn't matter if they fall off LOL

They serve the pupose of covering the tyres to keep it legal, the 75ml was just right

You can even lash out and buy stainless Tek screws!! $15!!!!!!!!!!

Bushranger products make a flash version of the same thing with a high tensile wire that runs through the outside. Holds it straighter. Still cheap and very durable.

HOGO80

You can even lash out and buy stainless Tek screws!! $15!!!!!!!!!!

Bushranger products make a flash version of the same thing with a high tensile wire that runs through the outside. Holds it straighter. Still cheap and very durable.

i got these and they are excellent...hold there shape really well as long as the wire is in there.