Best Eyre peninsula campsites/tracks/views?

Gidgee

We're finally getting over to Eyre peninsula, we were going to do Googs track, and still will do it but just to the lake, and not heading all the way up this time. Instead we're going to do the coastline mostly, eg. Lincoln Nat Park, maybe Coffin Bay Nat park, Venus Bay, Streaky Bay, Ceduna, south Googs, and then back to Gawler Ranges to meet up with friends. Looking for tips on peoples favourite campsites, views and tracks, etc.

smitty_r51

Anywhere in the Gawler Ranges is good and last time we were there we saw one car in 3 days.

The town camp at Haslam is very basic (long drop near the jetty) but the fishing is usually good.

Coffin Bay no is good if you are willing to drive the sand to get there. Morgan's landing plot 1 if you can get it. A lot of the np camps are pre book these days

boobook

I'm planning a similar trip, but more focussed on the coast further west. Any track / remote camping location advice would also be appreciated.

80lover96gxl

We're finally getting over to Eyre peninsula, we were going to do Googs track, and still will do it but just to the lake, and not heading all the way up this time. Instead we're going to do the coastline mostly, eg. Lincoln Nat Park, maybe Coffin Bay Nat park, Venus Bay, Streaky Bay, Ceduna, south Googs, and then back to Gawler Ranges to meet up with friends. Looking for tips on peoples favourite campsites, views and tracks, etc.
I'm planning a similar trip, but more focussed on the coast further west. Any track / remote camping location advice would also be appreciated.
Sheringa ,west of pt Lincoln is a nice spot. Camping behind the dune next to the carpark offers good shelter, has long drops and is camper trailer, cvan friendly.
The dune system is incredible and the beach is usually stunning. Good fishing is also on offer.
There is a track that runs kinda west from the Carpark atop the cliff line that offers great view of the coastline, is a mix of limestone and sand based and can be fun.

East of Venus bay is mt camel beach which has great fishing but is a bit of a hike from the Carpark down to the beach from memory, great view from the Carpark.
East of mt camel beach is the Talia caves and blowhole which is worth a look, also good fishing and views east towards Eliston.

A beach run can be done from Eliston to Talia but can be very treacherous and not to be done solo -read> 4 hr recovery last time I did it.

Nth of Minnipa on the Eyre hwy is the western entrance to the Gawler ranges, Pildapa rock is well worth a visit and over night camp.

Colly18

Brian summed up things pretty well. Eyre Peninsula is pretty well flooded with agriculture (so not a lot of remote bush escape options), but it has some great coastal attractions. Port Lincoln is a beautiful small city and the 'west coast' offers excellent rugged coastal scenery and some good shore based fishing. Coffin Bay N.P. and the view of Almonta Beach is one of my favorites. I think it would be worth while checking out Coodlie Park (just north of Elliston) for a camping experience.